hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : new Experiences with the new Xgamer

Forum Jump

new Experiences with the new Xgamer

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

new Experiences with the new Xgamer

OK , I done a lot of searching over these forums and it seems a lot of you been posting bad reviews lately about him..

I been a customer of his for almost 9 months now and I can tell you that I was in the golden stages when he offered UUNET out of boston. After the first move , my box was set on the new colocation center and it rocked until his whole operation moved to it. Speeds where nasty , his availability was SLIM to none. and it was EXTREMELY frustrating.. my other partner gladiator who resells gaming servers was extremely frustrated over the ordeal and was about to retire his whole gaming server operation due to the downtimes and the terrible lag on it

I guess that about 80-90% of the posts here that are negative where due part during these moves.

Until gladiator went to Washington , he made a deal with xgamer which I will not disclose here since its not public disclosure. and now have gotten into a Equinix facility where they have a Gig-E line dedicated just for his operations.

Anyhow I gotten to preview the new website and the new trouble ticketing system , billing and the new priority support. And all I can say is wow..

anyhow so what is my post really about?

well to shed some light and for those angry and concerned customers of his.. there is light at the end of this tunnel..

and BTW the new carrier rocks.. its a lot better than the boston facility.

If you guys got any questions don't hesitate to email me , I guess I have a little bit more information.since no public announcements have been done on behalf of xgamer.

Mod please pm me if you need to update my thread or delete it..

thx

Last edited by FastAttack; 05-07-2003 at 10:35 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

How much he pay you to say that?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wubwob
How much he pay you to say that?
Careful with wild accusations, unless you have proof.

SSDHosting.io - Powerful UK SSD Hosting

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Tis a joke

I havent used xgamer services before, so i wouldnt comment on there services!

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Careful with wild accusations, unless you have proof.
The proof should be provided by the thread starter, questioning the validity of the post is quite acceptable. I too would express caution with regards to the above thread.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Ouch.. , not good at all..

Old
Disabled

Heh, Xgamer doesnt pay **** to make people make him look good. Fastattack is a long time friend. No, Xgamer didnt pay him anything, and he never paid me either.

Old
Retired Moderator

so did you get anything in return for saying that? it seems that the is a consensus about how bad the service is(was?). So why is there a sudden change? I am just curious...

Old

what validty do you guys need me to prove..

I don't work for them and I don't get paid .. I have 1 server from them which I use to host some of my servers with..

I am just trying to point out I am a customer of his and yes.. I did have all of those problems... I am one of those guys frustrated over the past few months

I pay $299 for a dual box that I host games..

you all might think its biased but I am happy after they shown me what they are going to do.. because I've enjoyed the service when it was up and running..

now its EXTREMELY sad that you guys just came out here telling me I got paid to say that..

no this is my true emotions behind it.. and if I was getting paid believe me I would at least show representation from him..

But I am not..

Old

Quote:
Originally posted by kohashi
so did you get anything in return for saying that? it seems that the is a consensus about how bad the service is(was?). So why is there a sudden change? I am just curious...
to reply to that..

if you look via the history of these forums it was BAD..

why the sudden change?.. if you have noticed here that the reason why its bad its due xgamer not communicating to the customers of his..

And to me that is frustrating...

now if I am biased on bringing in information.. and getting flamed over it.. then next time I won't bring any information.. because its just plain stupid for me to get talked about like that.

If you know me from the tribes community you would know who I am and can prove validity.

What else do you guys need?

if it continues I just want the mod to delete this thread and forget about it. Because I don't want a integrity war to start..

again the only reason was information..

and its not a review.. if you noticed I never put scores or anything..
Its just an informational post..

Old

now just a reply to the moderator..

the only reason why I know about the internal dealings of the company is due to the fact that my other friend got his lawyers and xgamer's lawyers to set out a new biz model that would contribute to the companie's growth.

//edit this was in no way meaning that there was trouble between both parties.. is just an arrangement of a new biz plan set out.//

I never said it was good or bad.. I just wanted to state that there is light at the end of the tunnel.. they are changing and since there is no official statement from them.. therefore I just wanted you guys to know..

Last edited by FastAttack; 05-08-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old
Web Hosting Master

Well try to understand...

Some guy, who seemed to rip off people with not providing services, or very poor services.
And you'r telling us, that he suddenly become serious and he's providing good services now...

sounds strange, eh?

Old

Quote:
Originally posted by BiGWill
Well try to understand...

Some guy, who seemed to rip off people with not providing services, or very poor services.
And you'r telling us, that he suddenly become serious and he's providing good services now...

sounds strange, eh?
he never ripped me off so thats good

but I understand the concerns though after reading about 10-12 threads about his other dealing here and frustrations

Why do you think my friend got a lawyer with xgamer's lawyers to set out a new biz plan.. ( again sorry I meant something else here english is not my native language)

so that he has new regs to abide by and TOS that his customers will serve.

//edit missinterpretation of the usage

and again where did I point out that he is providing good services? you guys are jumping the gun..

I am just stating due to the circumstances he has been forced to change..

Last edited by FastAttack; 05-08-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

XGamer still owes me a lot of stuff.

1- Dual MPs 2400+ server (sitting in his office for over 2weeks)
2- 2x MP 2400+ CPUs upgrade for my other server (have been waiting 4-5months already)
3- and 2x 1.0GB of Ram......

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I don't hate XGamer. I like XGamer's network and pricing. But so far, he gave me a lot of problems. He often ignores his customers and his customer support needs a lot* of improvement.

p.s.- he needs more staffs too

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Japanese Researcher Discovers 16-Year-Old OpenSSL Bug That Enables Man-in-the-Middle Attacks Web Hosting News 2014-06-05 11:27:25
AWS Brings Virtual Desktop Solution Amazon WorkSpaces to General Availability Web Hosting News 2014-03-26 17:05:54
Square Enix to Create On-Demand Cloud Gaming Platform Web Hosting News 2013-11-06 10:00:55
3 Ways GlowTouch Can Help You Grow Your Business Leveraging Amazon Web Services Webinars 2014-06-10 11:05:51
A Hosting Company's Journey into Cloud Services Webinars 2014-06-10 11:07:58