Cheap VPS provider to host an irc bouncer?

I'm wondering what VPS providers both allow bouncers, and aren't overkill. I just need ~256mb ram, 1 core, a few gb of space, and maybe 50gb of bandwidth at most. I'm talking super low end, ideally for less than $4/month.

My main concern is that most hosts frown on the whole IRC thing, so finding one that allows a bouncer and isn't complete overkill has been kind of hard.

you can check buyvm.net 256MB plan for $3.5/mo

Thanks, I'm considering them (And RamNode), however buyvm's site is really kind of cheap looking and the testimonials are outdated. Do you have much experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyninja View Post
    Thanks, I'm considering them (And RamNode), however buyvm's site is really kind of cheap looking and the testimonials are outdated. Do you have much experience with them?
    No,but both of them are good providers with many positive feedbacks.

Thanks for checking us out! We do allow IRC bouncers and all of our staff participate in our own IRC channel daily. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coyninja View Post
    We know, our sites terrible I built it myself when we first opened and I added a few extras since then (namely the features page), but it hasn't been updated in probably a year
    at this point.

We have a new one in production ( http://www.varcoedesign.com/work/buyvm/ ) with discussion happening at VPSBoard ( https://vpsboard.com/topic/4880-buyv...ebsite-design/ ).

With that being said, we've been around for a long time and are perfectly fine with IRC, infact, that's where I got my roots. Full IPV6 support w/ dedicated /64's per VPS. Filtering is also available if you like to annoy people on efnet

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    We have a new one in production ( http://www.varcoedesign.com/work/buyvm/ ) with discussion happening at VPSBoard ( https://vpsboard.com/topic/4880-buyv...ebsite-design/ ).
    Off topic, but it looks good so far.
    ExtraVM - DDoS Protected NVMe VPS, Website Hosting, & Game Servers
    Dallas, TX | Miami, FL | Los Angeles, CA | Piscataway, NJ | Amsterdam, NL | Singapore | Tokyo, JP

Most providers have the "No IRC networks" clause in their TOS/AUP as protection if someone tries to link up Efnet or another big network then draws DDoS attacks.

Most of the time they have no issues with bouncers, you just need to ask. It's also best to do it via the ticketing system so you have an answer in writing for CYA purposes.