hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Please Read About WHHQ

Forum Jump

Please Read About WHHQ

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2000, 07:13 PM

Thumbs down

Hello this is Mike and I had a dedicated server with www.whhq.net. I signed up with their free dedicated server on May 25, 2000 early in the morning. I asked them if they could get it up and running Friday 26 at 4:00 P.M EST. I checked my mail to see if it was ready Friday. Nothing. I called their number and they told me it should be up at 5:00 tonight and you will get a email with all of the information. I checked at 5:00 to see if I hade anything. I waited until 5:25. Five minutes before they closed. They said there putting it up right now and told me to check my mail around 6:00. I waited and waited all night for my server information. I did not get it that night at all. I called there pager, 2 numbers, and I emailed them Saturday and Sunday. No one picked up or called me back. I called WHHQ Monday around 1:00 P.M EST. They said sorry for the delay my wife just has a baby and the server will not be up until tomorrow morning (Tuesday) at 9:00. I was gone the whole day at school. I checked back at 4:00. I finally got my server information. I read the time they sent it to me. It read 11:32. They were couple hours off. So already they are kind of bad services but wait there is more that happened. When I got the server information I put it in the FTP to see everything and to check to see everything was working. Well everything was not working. I could not upload files it gave me permission denied. I called WHHQ at 4:10 asking if they could fix that and asking where the control panel is located. They told me it should be up some time before 6:00 tonight. I called them 3 times 4:20-5:30 and they told me they where uploading it right now. I checked in the server at 6:30 P.M to see where the control panel was located. There was NO control panel. They said they would of set it up. I called back the next day (Thursday) same thing happened no control panel and told me it should be ready at 5:30 P.M. I waited all night. Still nothing in the server. Next day I called them and they said it was ready and it was located at my IP. So I went to the control panel to login. Then guess what happened? Password was incorrect. So the person I was working with put me on hold. I was on hold for about 25 minutes. I hung up finally because the phone was hurting my ear. I finally went back to the control panel later that night and it worked. I started creating accounts. That worked. I made the clients password and username and all. I tested it out in the FTP to see if I could upload files and make new directories. It gave me permission denied. I got 2 programmers on it to try to fix it. They both said that WHHQ had to. By then it was Thursday night. A week since I ordered the server and still nothing works. I called them Friday. It was busy or the answering services came up or they transferred me to a mailbox. By then I got the catch for the free server. They have bad tech-support and they donít know how to program as much as they should. I tried to call them all night long all Saturday and Sunday. I paged them 10 times and left a message for 5 people. I did not get a reply. I also emailed them Friday and the email came back saying not found. The email I put it was support@whhq.net. That is what they told me to put. Well today is June 5. I left there services. They where kind of pissed at me of leaving and telling them they donít have the services I am looking for. They transferred me to the manager. I had to give him my domain. I said my domain. He was trying to find out how it is spelled. I told it to him 3 times then I spelled each letter out saying one letter at a time one letter every 5 seconds. He replyed back 30 seconds later spelling it wrong. Then finally he got it right!! Then he went on telling me I was stupid and not know how to change the IPís at network solutions. I told him I did change the IP the day I got the server. And when I changed it went back to my old server IP. I waited for 3 days to change the information. It said it updated the IP on the page but it gave me the old server IP. I tried it again and same thing happened. I got 2 DNS from them. I tried it on a client and it did the same thing. So they where yelling at me calling me studied when I did try to change the IP to the right thing. And it did not work. I told them very nicely it was their problem not mine and your IPís where getting rejected from network solutions. I called network solutions and they said the IPís should of changed it is not your problem or ours it is your host. I had 2 more other problems I believe I had. But I donít want to hurt WHHQ so much they go out of business. If you know what I mean. -=I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW PLEASE DO NOT THINK ABOUT WHHQ FOR YOUR DEDICATED SERVER HOST. I AM NOT SURE ABOUNT THERE REGULAR HOSTING BUT I THINK THE SAME PROBLEMS BECUASE THEY HAVE NO TECH-SUPPORT=-.
Thank you for reading about WHHQ and if you have any questions please contact me at: everycode4u@yahoo.com.
I am not trying to put whhq.net down and out of business and I just want everyone to know that whhq.net is not the best and how hosting companys say they have 24/7 tech-support but really they donít
-everycode4u@yahoo.com - Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2000, 09:19 PM
linuxking@hotmail.com

It looks like these folks are just starting
to sell dedicated servers, I wonder if they
have more than 400 SQ FT room, at least is
what I can see from their office picture.
Also If you use a multiple trace route tool on andover.net, tracert.com or internet.com site you will see that they have a T1 a UUnet only. Plus it looks like they are trying to copy Dialtone Internet at least the pricing page.

Old 06-07-2000, 10:02 PM

Thumbs down

Yes I saw them copy stuff from webhost.com. You just had to take it a look in there HTML. But I think they fixed it so it does not show it anymore.

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Cloud Host DigitalOcean Launches Public Beta of New API Web Hosting News 2014-06-24 16:39:44
Hivelocity Launches Intel DC S3500 SSD Dedicated Server Line Web Hosting News 2013-07-03 14:28:36
SoftLayer - The Water Fountains are Overflowing Blog 2013-06-07 11:50:50
Amazon Web Services Reduces Price of DynamoDB NoSQL, Adds Reserved Capacity Web Hosting News 2013-03-08 15:19:40
Soliciting Customer Feedback Without Reacting Is Unacceptable Blog 2013-01-15 14:54:41