My Thoughts On the Premiere Issue of PingZine!

First, thanks for the free issue...I will be getting a subscription when it becomes available...anyhow here is what I thought.

My biggest problem was with the quality of some of the articles. Don't get me wrong, the content was great, but after reading one persons articles, it was obvious that he's no professional writer, but then again that person may have been forced to fill the magazine with content since its so new.

I also didn't like how various fonts were used throughout the articles...I think its safer to stick to one, unless its some sort of special feature.

However, I did find the magazine informative and like I said above I will subscribe to it (providing the price is right). Anyways I only see good things happening as the magazine gets bigger. Good luck, and please only take this as constructive criticism, as I am no expert either

I am still waiting on mine.

Re: My Thoughts On the Premiere Issue of PingZine!

Originally posted by infinityws
    My biggest problem was with the quality of some of the articles. Don't get me wrong, the content was great, but after reading one persons articles, it was obvious that he's no professional writer, but then again that person may have been forced to fill the magazine with content since its so new.

We value everyones opinions. We do get quality articles into the magazine and we will not take every article just to fill it up. In a few months when we start reviewing hardware and other things I hope you will re evaluate us as we will do our best to make everyone satisifed.

Originally posted by OKIHost
    I am still waiting on mine.
    Amen
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I've finally gotten my copy. It came out well. Infact, better than I thought it would. My ad (page 33) came out looking pretty nice too, lets hope I get some calls from it though so I can continue advertising.
    James Cornman
    365 Data Centers - AS19151/AS29838
    Colocation • Network Connectivity • Managed Infrastructure Services

Re: Re: My Thoughts On the Premiere Issue of PingZine!

Originally posted by vibesolutions
    We value everyones opinions. We do get quality articles into the magazine and we will not take every article just to fill it up. In a few months when we start reviewing hardware and other things I hope you will re evaluate us as we will do our best to make everyone satisifed.
    I definately expect the magazine to improve, being the first issue I didn't expect the world =). But like I said, the content was great, just the way some of the articles were written, they didn't seem too professional. Also, the change of font between articles was pretty bad (you should stick to a single font)

Anyways how do we get a paid subcription?
    Hockey is Life

I havent gotten mine yet either. Looking forward to it tho.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Still waiting on mine.
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Still waiting on my copy too.
    Dale Poncy
    Retired from Zana Web Hosting