Talking Bob Parsons - Godaddy

So after leaving Godaddy years ago I'm considering giving the managed wordpress hosting a try and now I'm reading that Bob Parson's is no longer park of the company!! Would love to hear what the WebHostingTalk community thinks of this move? It looks like to me Godaddy is trying to improve and re-brand now that Bob is out?!

GoDaddy is trying but it is hard when you're that size.

I think I've heard some moderately decent things about their cPanel platform but I've not used it personally so I can't really say either way.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Well I gave it a try and signed up for the managed wordpress hosting.. I installed wordpress and received a 500 Internal Server Error. Not happy with the service so far

How about support from them? Did you approach them with the error and get any help? I guess many of us would like to know feedback about support from them after the changes to the management.
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net || https://www.mxv.net ||

Quote Originally Posted by RCT90210 View Post
    now I'm reading that Bob Parson's is no longer park of the company!! Would love to hear what the WebHostingTalk community thinks of this move?
    He only stepped down as chairman but is still on the board. He also still owns 28% of the company.

There is no way I would ever ever do business with them, unless they cut all ties with him and publicly and officially condemn his actions.

I would probably be wrong but I think that Bob Parsons can be found in Danica Patrick's trunk wearing elephant skin boots and a real fur coat.

So after leaving Godaddy years ago I'm considering giving the managed wordpress hosting a try and now I'm reading that Bob Parson's is no longer park of the company!! Would love to hear what the WebHostingTalk community thinks of this move? It looks like to me Godaddy is trying to improve and re-brand now that Bob is out?!
    I use their managed wordpress hosting for a few of my commercial sites. It was an extremely bumpy road the first few months but performance and access times have improved. Support is still pretty bad, unless you want to pick up the phone and wait on hold for 30+ minutes to talk to someone who could have a clue.

The only other thing I'd warn you about is there is no good way to take your own backups of your Wordpress sites. Install Vaultpress to ensure you have backups hosted somewhere other than GoDaddy.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Happy to provide you with a trial of an account first, if you like. Our Managed WordPress product has been getting quite a few positive reviews. We have been and are definitely making changes, as you have noticed, love to hear any feedback you or others have on this product. We held a hangout on it in January, when it launched. That may cover more info for you and give some insight: https://plus.google.com/events/c7114...t2iku7dj4f6928

For any others on this thread having any issues, please let me know and I am more than happy to have them looked into and addressed with the proper teams.

Kindly,

Colby

Quote Originally Posted by GoDaddyGuy View Post
    Happy to provide you with a trial of an account first, if you like. Our Managed WordPress product has been getting quite a few positive reviews. We have been and are definitely making changes, as you have noticed, love to hear any feedback you or others have on this product. We held a hangout on it in January, when it launched. That may cover more info for you and give some insight: https://plus.google.com/events/c7114...t2iku7dj4f6928

For any others on this thread having any issues, please let me know and I am more than happy to have them looked into and addressed with the proper teams.

Kindly,

Colby
    You must've not ready where he said he already purchased it and is having troubles.
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared cPanel® Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (616) 277-7280 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks Colby but I've canceled the service and I'm getting a refund...

The thing I find most interesting about GoDaddy is the upcoming stock offering and the fact that they've never produced a profit. I mean on the one hand, they are huge, on the other hand .. how far can you go on venture funds ?

Thanks Colby but I've canceled the service and I'm getting a refund...
    Do you have any new place to host your WP site? What about WPEngine? http://wpengine.com/plans/
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by {wx} JeffH View Post
    The thing I find most interesting about GoDaddy is the upcoming stock offering and the fact that they've never produced a profit. I mean on the one hand, they are huge, on the other hand .. how far can you go on venture funds ?
    Not a big surprise, I guess most people use them only for their first year discounts (as their regular pricing is a bit too high).
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    I use their managed wordpress hosting for a few of my commercial sites. It was an extremely bumpy road the first few months but performance and access times have improved. Support is still pretty bad, unless you want to pick up the phone and wait on hold for 30+ minutes to talk to someone who could have a clue.

The only other thing I'd warn you about is there is no good way to take your own backups of your Wordpress sites. Install Vaultpress to ensure you have backups hosted somewhere other than GoDaddy.
    Seems like a big hassle, with no real advantage/motive for paying the extra premium they are charging. My question is why are you still hosting with them and not using a lower priced "non managed wordpress" web hosting service? Definitely seems like it would save you time and money.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Here is an interesting insight into the new CEO of Godaddy:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...godaddy_ask_me
    ██ The Webmaster - Hosting News, Reviews, Hosting & WordPress Tutorials, and Hosting Guides

Quote Originally Posted by MrJonathanG View Post
    Here is an interesting insight into the new CEO of Godaddy:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...godaddy_ask_me
    Interesting indeed. I still feel like I need to hate them. I still have a few domains with them (leftovers from the past), and their dashboard is still a trainwreck..

That said. The hate has simmered down for the company itself. I know a couple of guys that sold their startup to Godaddy, and they gave me a little insight into the new GD. The new CEO enforces that reputation..
    █ ♥ █ PoppenWorks, Canadian web design, development and hosting. Now with 24/7 support.