Amusing note from a "webmaster"

Found this message to a site's users, and found it pretty funny.

"Also, we are now starting to cater our graphics to fit 1024 X 768 screen resolutions (usually associated with 17" monitors). Users of the internet are now almost evenly divided between this resolution and the 800 X 600 screen resolution (associated with 15" monitors). 640 X 480 resolutions (13" monitors) are only used by 2% of web users, while resolutions associated with 19" or larger monitors are also still in relatively scarce use. For the most part, the website will look its best on a 17" monitor. However, although things may get slightly crowded from time to time on a 15" monitor, things should basically be intact and easy to use if your browser page is maximized and recently refreshed."

Pretty solid understanding of the internet and computers, no? The site also contains (on the opening page) 7 images that range in size from 67KB to a whopping 125KB, and uses frames.
    Worrying about the visitor's monitor resolution should be a tad lower on his "list" of things to do today...I should think adding a "best viewed with..<insert resolution, browser and version>..and a broadband connection" statement on the site would be a higher priority.

Haha yes I agree with you, why go to all the trouble of writing all that garbage? Just put a recommend on there, and save them all the reading. I bet he's just trying to look smart though.

Oh my... talk about ignorance and being inconsiderate.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard