HELP!! 2Checkout Users.

I am having hell of a time getting the routing code from the commonwealth bank.

I called up several times asking them for the routing code, as required by 2 checkout. they have no idea what a routing number is, and one of the lady told me that we(australian) dont have routing numbers, they told me to use the BSB (branch number), which is 6 digits, but 2CO is asking for a 9 digit.

So my question is, if your from Australia and using 2CO, what did YOU put in the field "corresponding bank number" ?

2Checkout says that this number IS required in order to transfer money, but I had an account with another merchant before (the horrible hostcharge), and they never asked for any routing number, all they required was a swift code, and i DID get my transfer (one time, until they become crooks). so why does 2CO require a routing number?

Please, any help is appreciated!

Thank you.
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

checkout www.webhostingtalk.com.au

I belive I found the answer in there a while ago?!?
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support

I did a search where Marts said to save you the trouble. Use the below information:

Coressponding Bank: Bank of New York
    Routing No: 021000018

Then your BSB and Account Name & Number

Thank you Marts and DigiDesignz! amazing those commonwealth back staffs dont have a clue what these are.

Thanks again!
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor

I'm not sure you should use that code.

What you should be requesting is a SWIFT Code, and the Name and Location of the cooresponding bank in the USA that your bank deals with.

The routing code is only for US Banks & US Bank accounts.
    TomD
    Director - Business Development
    tdenman@2co.com
    www.2checkout.com

Does anyone have the BankSA \ ST George's one handy? I've dropped paysystems and setup 2checkout - don't fancy being paid by cheque

Originally posted by TomD
    I'm not sure you should use that code.

What you should be requesting is a SWIFT Code, and the Name and Location of the cooresponding bank in the USA that your bank deals with.

The routing code is only for US Banks & US Bank accounts.
    Thats what my bank said! we dont have a routing code, but your system requires the corresponding bank code in order to continue to enter out bank details..
    now what am i suppose to do?

Online Photo Editor

i had the same experience in the uk. barclays, hsbc and lloyds didnt have a clue so i got a cheque instead.
    --
    Rich

the cooresponding bank code is called a SWIFT code.

"Ms Bank manager, I am about to get a bank wire transfer from a USA based company. They need to know the name, address and SWIFT code for the cooresponding AMERICAN bank we use to route these transfers. Can you help me please?"

This should provide you with the correct information you require.
    TomD
    tdenman@2co.com
    www.2checkout.com

tom, i know there is a huge chance my bank were in the wrong, but when i mentioned about the american bank routing my bank said noooo its nothing to do with an american bank its just a global identifier for our bank. Irrespective of which is right if the bank staff are being told the wrong thing, maybe it might help to ask for the wrong thing lol?just an idea.
    --
    Rich

TomD: I got the SWIFT code, but I cannot enter that into the corresponding bank field because the system requires a 9 digit.

and I cannot get to the page where you enter the SWIFT code because I cannot bypass the first page without entering a valid corresponding bank code, so everything seems to be contradicting here..you're saying we don't need the corresponding bank code, we need the swift code, but the system requires the corresponding bank code to continue the setup.

I know hostcharge has gone out of business and its probably a bad example, but when they were up and running, they never asked for any corresponding bank number, they needed the SWIFT code, the BSB (branch number) and account number, and that was it.

I bypassed the page where you enter the corresponding bank code by entering the code at the above link, and got the bank account setup page, but on that page, it only ask for SWIFT code, and account number..so where do we enter our BSB number? Im just totally lost, and I been waiting for my money for several weeks now.

Online Photo Editor

Please submit your information to gbradley@2checkout.com.
    Make sure you include your sellerID number. She should be able to fix it for you.
    TomD
    tdenman@2co.com
    www.2checkout.com