Designing Logo's?

That was weird, heres what I posted:
    -------------
    I've found tutorial on tutorial of how to make "Special effects" in Photoshop 7, but none in the basics of how to make GOOD looking logo's, or site designs... Without using cliche special effects.

Anyone know a good site with just basic how-to's on making good logo's, buttons, nav bar's, etc. ? Like combining a picture of a server rack with a few other elements to make a great looking logo... Or drawing a basic design out on paper, then making it work in photoshop... OR the basics of making a GOOD design, such as what every design needs, how to make it work, what color schemes work for what audience, etc.

Well, thanks if you you can help me, it'd be nice to find a site that doesn't teach extremely cliche and pointless special effects I'll almost never use (I.E. TheWebMachine)

It all up to you really. Nobody can teach you good looking creativity. Make some research on the web....see what sites look good and note down why they are better than the others.

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/
    There are plenty of forums like these which can tutor you how to do some kind of special effects and logos. Use the tutorials to get some knowledge and experience on how to work using PhotoShop and then experiment with many kind of designs which you think are of good appearance. Get some peoples opinions on the designs you have created. Improve on them........you will get the hang of it somehow.

Thanks, but creativity is something I have - It literlly runs in the family (7 generations of artists); The main things I need to learn, are just the BASIC effects for logo's, and how to make a layout in photoshop, then cut it up into an HTML

edit : Oh and thanks for the link, I'll look into it anyways.
    Last edited by TetsuoAkira; 05-01-2003 at 06:10 AM.