Save a $, Get Scammed!

I read for the 10,000th time it seems a post of someone purchasing a common software from a third party and getting scammed. Unless you know and are absolutely sure of the seller, do not....repeat....do not purchase licensed software from a third party to save a small bit of money. VBulletin seems to be the most popular for this. The odds are just too great against you.

Good advice Incognito, unfortuanatly some people can't pass up what looks like a deal.
    Dale Poncy
    Retired from Zana Web Hosting

Insist on receiving the software and licenses before payment is rendered....

Always verify the resell with the software maker. I had someone offer me an unlimited modernbill license for 150. After checking with modernbill it was clear the deal was not legit.

I'd have to second Incognito advice, as some of you read.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I'll soon be rich enough to buy all the software I want *and* the companies that make it. I'm just waiting for this guy from Nigeria to put $10m into my bank account. I've sent him my bank details and lots of proof of ID so it should take long now!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Insist on receiving the software and licenses before payment is rendered....
    thats a nice thought, but kinda puts the seller at risk as well. I dont render any services or products without being payed first. The best thing to do in these cases is make an informed decision and do your homework.