Beware: Scam Artist

Hi, i recently purchased a template from the admin at www.hostguard.net - he not only sold me a template which he claimed was unique but then turned out not to be, he sold me a template non editable although he claimed it was, as soon as money was sent he conveniently went offline and i havent seen him yet. He also tried to sell me a template which user: Affordablehost was trying to sell the other day, when she realised that it wasnt a unique template at all. Either way just beware of him admin@hostguard.net despite 10 pms and emails, he will not contact me, i guess ill have to wait till they get "live support" on their website

How does someone make the template "non editable"??

I think he means without PSD's.
    Royi Sher
    CatchyHost
    "We Catch Your Way Of Thinking"
    May Special @ CatchyHost

> How does someone make the template "non editable"??

A guy wanted my help to customize his template, he send me the PSD and the layout was just a bunch of layers, you couldn't edit the text or anything, just move the layers around
    Don't look for a way out.

And take heed of this sticky in the RO&R

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=128433

There should be a known scammer list on that page, i know many tech forums have like a 100 page long thread of scammers
    Don't look for a way out.

Re: Beware: Scam Artist

Originally posted by redhead
    i guess ill have to wait till they get "live support" on their website
    Why is it funny?

I'm still waiting for a reply from you

I've paypalled you $90 for a vb license and did not hear anything from you. Your last pm was that it should late tonight or morning. I've been waiting enough (2days)..
    RackEdge - Cutting Edge Internet Services!
    -->Specialized in High End Managed Servers & Bandwidth in the Netherlands (EU)

Contact us today for a customized quote @ sales(@)rackedge.com!

Re: Re: Beware: Scam Artist

Originally posted by McRox
    Why is it funny?

I'm still waiting for a reply from you

I've paypalled you $90 for a vb license and did not hear anything from you. Your last pm was that it should late tonight or morning. I've been waiting enough (2days)..
    Interesting... and strangely odd!

Looks like the whistle blower, has had the whistle blown on himself!

Re: Re: Re: Beware: Scam Artist

Originally posted by shoney
    Interesting... and strangely odd!

Looks like the whistle blower, has had the whistle blown on himself!
    I'm not calling redhead a scammer yet, but I checked the paypal payment details, and it seems that the name of his paypal account is NOT lewis parker, nor from usa

If I do not get the vbulletin license, I will make him loose alot more than my $90 I paid. I do not even care about it, I have prove I paid and did not get te license so I can get my money back for sure, but he might lose more than the $10 chargeback fee

I understand, completely!

Hopefully you won't have to call your cc company. Thankfully you used a cc though, otherwise you'd be SOL with paypal, when it comes to software or any other intangible item.

Originally posted by shoney
    Thankfully you used a cc though, otherwise you'd be SOL with paypal, when it comes to software or any other intangible item.
    I paid with paypal, but I still can do a charge back, which would cost him $10.

I will post a complete new thread about this scammer (redhead), because I've sent him the last warning, and he did not respond

I've checked the real name of the paypal owner and its not lewis parker. It seems that this scammer was banned on WHT before, and is hiding his real name

yep, got it

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    yep, got it
    Did you find out his real name? Or shall I pm it to you?

I will post a complete thread about this user, when I hear from paypal

I've learned one thing. It's better to pay to a mod @ WHT and when the license transfer is done, the mod pays the seller

Why don't you add a thread in the advertising area, with the moderators who want to get paid for making the payments save? I'm willing to pay the mod for this. Would save me some headaches etc..

I don't know the real name (just the other three usernames), but there is a warning thread down there http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=128433

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    I don't know the real name (just the other three usernames), but there is a warning thread down there http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=128433
    He replied to the warning email, I hope he can fix the problems,

thanks anon-e-mouse for the tip