Thumbs up RepriseHosting 6 month review

For starters, I don't normally do reviews, but this company has been so good to me I feel that I must.

A little background: I use VMware ESXi to host my personal servers on a dedicated server. I migrated to Reprise from another company that was giving me a hard time, well... mostly downtime. When I found Reprise I thought the deal was a little too good to be true, Quad core Xeon, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10TB transfer, 4 IPs and IPMI (which really sold it for me) for 44.95$ per month. Considering I was paying almost 3 times that before, and getting constant disruptions I had nothing to lose by giving them a try.

I'm really glad I did, the service has been great. There hasn't been any downtime that I know of, I don't actually use downtime monitoring software or anything like that, but my BNC has been connected to IRC since my last reboot 2 months ago.

When I download from the server it maxes out my cable internet (25mbit/s). Which is pretty good considering that I'm closer to the east coast (Ohio) and the server is in Seattle. Ping is around 84ms from my home, not bad at all.

The IPMI was a little tricky at first since I was unfamiliar with it, Supermicro IPMI 2.0, but they helped me use it and even offered to host the ISO I wanted to mount on one of their servers. Supermicro actually makes a java based tool that can talk to servers using their IPMI that has extended functionality not found in the web interface. But I digress, the point is they helped me figure this stuff out when I was clueless.

Every time I've used the ticket system their staff has responded politely and professionally.

If you're looking for a good server on the cheap, this is the place. They have better deals on this site in the Dedicated Offers section than what's on their own website price wise.

That's all for now.

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you now and in the future.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

You're Welcome