Does the advertisment section gives you new customers?

Hi,

Just out of pure curiousity, I would like to know from you if placing an ad in the advertisement section of WHT.com really gives you any new customer. Concerning shared and reseller accounts, I think you will get a few new customers from it since it is cheaper to get in, and people react more impulsive.
    But for dedicated and especcially colo (where people already need to have a server of their own, which means higher startup fees), I could imagine people don't jump in that fast.
    Although I must admit I sometimes see offerings where the servers sell like hot caked (especcially the low prices server deals), but is this common or just luck?

Thank you,

Jacco
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

i don't bother here.. prices are too low.. i get better business elsewhere.

decent support community though. Thats what brings me back!

do you mean the "Find a Host" advertisement places or are you speaking about the advertising forums?

The advertising forums here on WHT.com
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

I've gotten some clients through the Web Hosting Requests forum (shared hosting).
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

WHT has never sent me any clients that I know of. I've even tried going crazy a few times with insane deals or specials.

If you're in the market for selling Web hosting at super low prices, then I'd expect you'd get a fair amount of customers through the ad forums. Otherwise, it probably won't be of any benefit to you.

I agree if you want to go on endless bids for the LOWEST price to almost free then this place is for you. I'm still shocked at the prices people give around here. Man, how can anyone run a business like that!! Don't get me wrong, I'll still post some special here but it's not for barganing. What you see is what you get.

i have posted a few offers in the past when it seemed that we would be a good fit. while a lot of people are looking for the cheapest price, some are looking for quality and competency. you do, however, need to have those two =]

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters