Thread: Spam - Oops

Spam - Oops

Saw this.... Apparently Server Beach is involved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/29/te...&partner=MYWAY
    Respectfully,
    Jon Marler

Ah SPEWS:

Ms. Sachs expressed particular frustration with the Spews site, because there is no way to talk to anyone from that organization to protest being placed on that list.

The site is registered in Russia, and its operators are anonymous and offer no telephone number, address or e-mail address to contact them. Nonetheless, their list is widely used by Internet service providers looking to block spam.

Now even some other anti-spam activists have started to say that Spews is going too far.
    They're not winning the popularity stakes are they?
    Lawnmower for hire - enquire within

Hmm, we've had spammers in the past and have never been nailed by SPEWS. Might have something to do with turning them into little ones and zeros that drift off into cyberspace the minute the complaints start to arrive.

The more I read and learn about SPEWS the more I seem to see slow admins, not putting their boot up the backsides of junkmailers.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Why is this in the NY Times? I'm sure dozens of hosts are cut off from spam complaints, with lots of collateral damage.

I have been reporting spams to spamcop for a few days now...... I notice alot .... and I mean alot of spam originating from rackspace.com.
    Respectfully,
    Jon Marler

WELL,

SPAM IS COMING TO AN END,READ THIS You will be happy!!!!

My question on this is,HOW CAN YOU STOP IT,IF THE HEADERS ARE ALL FORGED??? You dont know where its coming from!!!!!

The Dude