Thread: Foot in Mouth

* Foot in Mouth

Alright, thought I would share a somewhat embarrassing experience I encountered.

I normally stop in at a gas station each day on my way to work to get some Krispy Kreme's (mmmm....krispy kremes). Anyway, the guy that works overnight (I go to work at about 4 am) is a somewhat strange character. He talks to himself specifically. And I don't mean the normal way either...he has full on conversations where he agrees and disagrees with himself and offers opposing views. Other than that, very nice guy.

Well, I went in later in the morning on my day off and as I was paying, was briefly talking to the girl at the register. I didn't really know her, but enough for casual talk. As she was ringing up my stuff, I asked her if there was anything wrong with the guy that works overnight. She then asked what do you mean? I proceeded to explain the self conversations fairly similar to the way I did above. She got quiet for a sec, you could tell she was thinking about it...then stated

You know, I've never noticed it and we've been married for 7 years.

Doh!

Needless to say, I will now have to go elsewhere for my Krispy Kreme. What are the odds that those two would be married? I can only imagine the shade of red I turned.

Another Homer moment.

LOL, nice one...

Made my day!
    ^^ IM WITH STUPID!! ^^

"The only way to overcome fear, is to challenge it head on"
    "The quickest way to get over a woman, is to get under another"

I don't know which is scarier, the guy that has multi-level conversations with himself or his wife that doesn't notice a thing...

Krispy Kremes are worth finding somewhere else...

Now that's funny!
    but the question is which is funnier: the guy who converses with himself, the wife who didn't notice, or savageghost telling the wife her hubby is odd.
    I suspect the poor guys wife doesn't let him get a word in edgewise at home, so he has to speak his mind when she is not around.
    Anyway, I doubt she told him, so go right ahead and continue to get your krispy kremes there.

I encounter quite a few night shift people, and I can tell you they are a bit quirky. Mostly alright, but a bit quirky you know?
    I must have that kind of face because they just spill all kinds of things about their job, and personal life. I have even met a few that Jerry Springer would love to chat with. I just figure they need to vent, so I just let it go in one ear and out the other.
    Sometimes I find myself privy to both sides of the story, (they don't know that I know the person or coworker they are talking about) and I have to hold back my thoughts (or laughter) until I get back in my truck.
    I learned long ago (and sometimes still get reminded now and then) to keep my mouth shut.
    It's a small world after all.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Re: Foot in Mouth

Originally posted by savageghost

You know, I've never noticed it and we've been married for 7 years.

Doh!

What did you say after that
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Oh...uh, sorry...didn't mean...uh, later!

Mind went completely blank. I can only imagine what she was thinking.

Cool story. Sorry that happened to you, but think of the laughs you'll get a parties with this one.