hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Tech

Forum Jump

Tech

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2001, 12:21 PM
WHT Addict

Tech

At Nox Raq we might be needing another tech, the job does not currently pay, but in return we will offer free web hosting to the tech, and eventually a monthly salary.

You must have complete knowledge of a cobalt server, and linux. This tech will be responsible for setting up scripts and other technical aspects that require "experience".

If your interested please email a complete resume to chris@noxraq.com and include your ICQ number and other internet contacts.

(ICQ is a must)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2001, 07:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Chris,

I'm a bit unsure of how you think your going to get another Tech without paying for them. If you're at the point of needing another tech, you should be able to afford it.

Please explain your thoughts, because if I can do the same thing and get free tech's I'd make alot more money!

Old 06-24-2001, 08:05 PM
WHT Addict

well

All my staff works for free, I give them hosting, that's about it.

I don't make enough money to pay staff, let alone myself, I work another job to pay for things right now.

We have just enough clients to pay back server and pay for some other fees that are used towards the server.

Once we grow more staff will get paid, it's all about dedication, the staff that has stayed with me will probly always be with me and will be rewarded for there dedication.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2001, 02:47 AM
WHT Addict

I don't think a lot of people will react... It takes a lot of time to admin a server well.

Old 06-25-2001, 02:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

at least

At least chris is honest...

Old 06-25-2001, 02:55 AM
WHT Addict

Re: at least

Quote:
Originally posted by cbaker17
Absolutely ! But with honesty alone you don't make money or get any people to work for you.

Old 06-25-2001, 02:57 AM
WHT Addict

well

I still find good tech's, lots of people do it for more experience also, students etc..

Cobalt servers are low maintenance so its not a full time job or anything, just a hour a night or so.

Old 06-26-2001, 12:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

* whats your problem ?

Hy together,

we've gone the same way to start our business. Some friends and I (at first only I) started a little company for webhosting and webdesign.

Now we're 6 poeple, no one gets some money but we're making the job. The people who have started with me (with a simple Cobalt Raq) will stay with my 4 ever (thats our current thinking). They use our severs for their private things (like they need them) and more i could not pay for the moment.

We've developed a pesimistic business plan and now we've buyed 3 new servers (no cobalt they are not really good IMHO). If all goes this pesimistic way we would make enough money in the next year to pay something out for us.

I think its a good way which chris would go, because thats the only way someone can go if he want's to start a business and don't want to get a credit from his bank.

I could not help you out chris, i have very much to do at the moment with our new servers but perhaps later. If you have a question drop me a PM. We have completely converted our raq. All software was updated without the Cobalt .pkg's and we've disabled the admin frontend (Webserver running as root - nonono )

Greetings
Olly

Old 06-26-2001, 01:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

Re: at least

Quote:
Originally posted by cbaker17
I agree, for new businesses it is very hard to pay a worker. I know some people are just looking for experiance, and will be willing to help you out.

Old 06-26-2001, 07:22 PM

how is the job all of a sudden so hard?

managing one computer takes one person. way back when i used to remember when i carried a beeper to school and snuck in to the library to use java telnet.

just a thought.. i did have a lot of free time though

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Cirrus Tech Joins ComputeNext Cloud Marketplace as Canadian Cloud IaaS Provider Web Hosting News 2013-12-11 17:32:20
Web Host Online Tech Expands Management Team with New Executives Web Hosting News 2012-10-25 16:49:01
Web Host Layered Technologies Names Vice President of Client Services Web Hosting News 2012-10-10 15:59:05
Web Host Online Tech Now Offers PCI Compliant Cloud Hosting Web Hosting News 2012-09-05 15:19:26
Layered Tech Secures $38M Credit Facility to Enhance Compliant Hosting, Cloud Services Web Hosting News 2012-06-26 13:41:42