What an evening.

I just needed to share what is by far one off the weirdest evenings I have ever had. For starters, my wife gave me a bout of food poisoning, so I am under the weather. I'm laying on the couch, laptop logged into WHT of course. I hear a cat screeching outside our front door. I peak my head out the door, with the door open no more that 6 inches. The cat darts through my legs and into the house, into our bedroom and under the bed.

I work for 10 minutes trying to get the cat, and only get clawed for my trouble. To say the least, I am not happy. I close all doors to the other rooms and open the patio door all the way. I run back to the bedroom with a broom handle, hoping to scare it out. Well after about 10 minutes of jabbing the cat (don't worry, I didn't hurt it) it darts out of the bedroom.

I ran back to the living room just to see out the corner of my eye, the cat go out the door. This is where it gets even weirder. As I look forward by our couch, there's a frickin deer standing in front of my TV, IN MY LIVING ROOM. I don't know who scared who, but the deer freaked and instead of going out the door it came in, it ran through our glass storm door, getting stuck and all cut up. Long story short, the police and animal control just left. They had to put down the deer. All I can say is...

Lousy Cat!!!!

sorry but that put a big old smile on my face Hope the rest of your weekend improves.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Hey Greg, no problem. If someone else had written it, I would be smiling too. Just need a way to explain it to the wife when she gets home. Well honey, it all started with this cat.... Wish me luck.

you're off to a smart beginning not mentioning the food poisoning

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I got my cat sick recently, so I brought to hospital (for animals of course) to check what's wrong. First and last thing they did - put thermometer in the cat's a$$ to check the temperature I remember the face of my cat ( )
    Powered by AMD & FreeBSD.
    "Documentation is like sex:
    when it is good, it is very, very good;
    and when it is bad, it is better than nothing."

Mmmmm deer meat.....

So was it a doe or a buck>
    Andrew Schultz
    aschultz@amiprepared.com
    Aim: nuschultz

Actually according to your story it all started with the food poisoning, you could tell your wife her cooking killed Bambi.

That is, if you don't enjoy marriage

-Matt
    Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
    email: mmeier@racknine.com
    web: http://www.racknine.com

Great story, just sorry to hear it's all true. Hope the rest of your weekend is a little more relaxing!

Did you at least take a picture of the deer?

Wow, what a story. I can almost picture that

Well it's morning and I'm feeling a little better and the wife took the deer story pretty well. She says stomach flu, I say bad hamburger, which of coarse means stomach flu.

The deer was a doe and unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture, but it would not have mattered, as the wife had the digital camera with her.

Well off to Home Depot to buy a new door.

About 6 weeks ago my parents are babysitting my sister's boys and the oldest (4) is like "there's a deer on the porch" my dad's like "er sure ok" looks out and there's a deer on the porch. With a collar (obviously a pet). So they go outside and the deer tries to come INSIDE so they spent the rest of the afternoon playing with this deer, around dark it left, guess it went home.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

What a day hope you dont get the kick out of the house

-Shazad

And imagine monday is just around the corner

When I was in the Adirondak Mountains severalyears ago on vacation, the deer would come right up to your car, looking for food, attention, etc. I'm jsut glad they stayed out of my cabin.
    Andrew Schultz
    aschultz@amiprepared.com
    Aim: nuschultz

Why would someone want a deer for a pet? I guess I have seen stranger things.

(now I'm trying to compare a deer to all the normal pets and am coming up with nothing....am I missing something? Then again, we always just ate them growing up)