VPS IP blocked by anti virus company

I just recently got a new VPS and transfered my website over. My old vps had a mail server that handles registrations and forwareding emails.

Since moving to another company my emails have been blocked through Schematic. (After a bit of research and emails to Microsoft). I have requested to have it unblocked and now my emails are working when forwarding to a hotmail address. I now have issues with gmail and god knows who else with.

My issue is who is responsible for sorting this problem out? My VPS hosting has supplied me with a blocked IP and sorting out is a mine field. While the IP does not show on free services as blacklisted there is a deffinatly a problem somewhere.

Any helpful advice is needed. I am currently changing my mail server to another provider till this gets sorted.

As the IP(s) is/are blacklisted when you got them from your provider, then it should be their (your provider) responsibility to clean them up. Having said that, every company is different and will have a different stance on the matter.

I would just say do your best to clean them up. Many blacklists are easy to get removed from and it's just a case of entering the IP and clicking 'delist' - others are more strict and require the owner of the IP allocation to get in touch instead.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check
    http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

The above URLs may be helpful to you.

Alternatively you can ask them to swap the IP(s) for new ones, but the newly assigned allocation might be even worse which is why I would just focus on cleaning them yourself.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

If your hosting company gave you a blacklisted IP and they don't clean it up promptly, you should ask for another IP or switch hosting companies.

It should not be your responsibility to clean freshly allocated IPs if your actions did not cause the blacklisting.
    BitronicTech Affordable Hosting and VPS Since 2007. Check out my Blog.
    99.99% Uptime Guarantee. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. 24/7/365 Support.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

Quote Originally Posted by tdsmithj View Post
    Any helpful advice is needed. I am currently changing my mail server to another provider till this gets sorted.
    What about using Google Apps for business for your mail? Amazon also has their SES service to send out emails.

Using these services gives you more reliability in terms of making sure your important emails get delivered to its intended recipient at all times.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Ask to get your IP Address changed first. It maybe a previous customer was abusing the system and that one was next in the allocation when you signed up. In some cases it maybe the range that has a bad history and your provider will need sort this for you.

We recommend all of our customers use an external service for their emails if they are business critical or important to them as services like Google Apps for Business and Microsoft 365 have a cloud offering. They provide much more in terms of features than standard mail software (some are close though!).

Note that services like Google, Microsoft, Yahoo run their own blacklists as well many of these are based on time so it maybe harder to get unblocked but it is possible to raise it to their attention if you have been.

community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/46777-google-blacklist-removal (I can't add the HTML because I am a new member still)

If you are going to submit de-listing requests just make sure that your servers are safe first and not the actual cause of the issue!

Also make sure all of your SPF and DKIM records are correct and pointing at the right IP addresses as this may cause some deliveries to fail (if you haven't already checked!).

Ask your provider to unblock your IP,also you can delist your ip online or by sending email to blocklisted company.

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    What about using Google Apps for business for your mail? Amazon also has their SES service to send out emails.

Using these services gives you more reliability in terms of making sure your important emails get delivered to its intended recipient at all times.
    All my mail server does is just forwards emails and sends emails from registered addresses. I am currently using Google apps but you have to pay per user per domain.

Quote Originally Posted by HostMyData-Dan View Post
    Ask to get your IP Address changed first. It maybe a previous customer was abusing the system and that one was next in the allocation when you signed up. In some cases it maybe the range that has a bad history and your provider will need sort this for you.

We recommend all of our customers use an external service for their emails if they are business critical or important to them as services like Google Apps for Business and Microsoft 365 have a cloud offering. They provide much more in terms of features than standard mail software (some are close though!).

Note that services like Google, Microsoft, Yahoo run their own blacklists as well many of these are based on time so it maybe harder to get unblocked but it is possible to raise it to their attention if you have been.

community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/46777-google-blacklist-removal (I can't add the HTML because I am a new member still)

If you are going to submit de-listing requests just make sure that your servers are safe first and not the actual cause of the issue!

Also make sure all of your SPF and DKIM records are correct and pointing at the right IP addresses as this may cause some deliveries to fail (if you haven't already checked!).
    My IP has been blocked again. I went through my mail server logs. I do get the odd one email hack but they get an error saying SMTP authorisation failled and after so many attemps the IP is blocked. I am contacting symatec again for a reason. This is rediculous and I never had this problem with my website being with my previous hosting company. I was with them for over a year.