* Posting rude remarks on people work

I have spent a few weeks now reading and getting replies back from intelligent people. But what stands out is people such as seen in this thread post remarks about others work.

Have we as a community of business people come to the level that we have to continually make rude and uncalled remarks. It irritates me that people will spend hours working on something that they feel is great, then to only have a individual trash there work. I ask you people, where is the respect of one another.

If you can become one of a community , then leave your ruthless remarks at home and keep them to yourself.

To those who are a victim of there immaturity, Please keep in mind your work is classic and keep it up.

We can't do much about it if you don't report it.

And on that note, those posts are no longer there.

Please use the "Report this post" link and we will deal with those.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    We can't do much about it if you don't report it.

And on that note, those posts are no longer there.

Please use the "Report this post" link and we will deal with those.
    I'm sorry, i wasn't trying to complain to the board moderators, My statement was more directed at those who enjoy making rude remarks. My apologies if you felt I was directing this at the gentleman/ladies who moderate the board.

Emax, I know what you are saying. Unfortunatly as large as this board has become there will always be that type of thing here. As SoftWareRevue stated all we can do is report those people.

I could give my opinion about what causes this type of remark but it has been said many times in many different posts. It has to do with the maturity of the person making the remark.
    Dale Poncy
    Retired from Zana Web Hosting

About all that we can do - and, by coincidence, one of the best things to do - is to not retaliate in kind, and to report these types of posts when they do occur.

There's constructive criticism, and there's carping. Unfortunately, some people don't seem to know how to give good constructive criticism, or when to give it (or, by turns, not.)

It's difficult to keep acting like we're participating in an overall community that's a little better than it actually is. But hopefully, if enough of us keep acting like this, it'll eventually get there.
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

Originally posted by living_media
    About all that we can do - and, by coincidence, one of the best things to do - is to not retaliate in kind, and to report these types of posts when they do occur.

There's constructive criticism, and there's carping. Unfortunately, some people don't seem to know how to give good constructive criticism, or when to give it (or, by turns, not.)

It's difficult to keep acting like we're participating in an overall community that's a little better than it actually is. But hopefully, if enough of us keep acting like this, it'll eventually get there.
    Very well said "Cheer Cheer"

In my country there is a heated debate going on about Contempt of Court because of some newspapers reporting some judges involved in a scandal. After tons of petitions and hearings the Supreme court has ruled that if one speaks of "truth" then it cannot be held as contempt of court. And since all court hearings are public [and everyone is equal in law] then any comments by the public in public of any judgement or the decisions of the judges cannot be stated to be in contempt of the court. However the comment cannot be directed personally at the judge and should not be abusive of the court or the judge.

A couple of months back a man threw his sandals at a judge when the order passed did not appear to be just and truthful. Such is the power of truth that one will stop at nothing when truth is distorted and corruption takes the seat of power.

I know I have deviated from the topic. You have made a good point eMax...sometimes life isnt fair at all even if you are sincere and hardworking.

I presume this is directed at the 'take a look at my site' kind of threads?

While I don't comment on other people's work myself, there's more than a few times where I've found the resulting 'art' to be rubbish. I suppose some other people do decide to comment on it as such.

Short answer is, if you don't want your work to be commented on then don't post it. The 'lower end' of this forum (the ad space) is full of people producing garbage for sale. There's a couple of truly talented guys and gals down there but they're in the miniority.

Remember, opinions are like ******** - everyone has one.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I am of the opinion that if I think a logo/banner/template/website really looks bad to me, it is better to close the site and the thread rather than tell them it looks bad. If it is reasonally okay, I would give them "careful" suggestions on how to improve it to their advantage. But 95% of the time I don't look at such sites anyway.