Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Female webmasters?

That's what i don't see of much. Though i haven't posted in awhile nothing much has changed i can see. I read the post about female web hosts but that's totally different in my view. I find that no girl has the time to use to computer or even come close to making a website. Ah i guess guys just have alot more time to do totally stupid dumb things that we do best Not that i think we're dumb and we make crappy websites heh. Any female webmasters out there?
    Last edited by NicLiew; 04-26-2003 at 02:11 AM.

Re: What i don't see very often... Female Webmasters

Originally posted by NicLiew
    That's what i don't see of much. Though i haven't posted in awhile nothing much has changed i can see. I read the post about female web hosts but that's totally different in my view. I find that no girl has the time to use to computer or even come close to making a website. Ah i guess guys just have alot more time to do totally stupid dumb things that we do best Not that i think we're dumb and we make crappy websites heh.
    Well, we won't mention your expertise in creating threads.

What makes you think there are no female webmasters here? I rarely see a site that the webmaster's gender is mentioned.

I am going to step aside now to avoid the flaming arrows and buckets of boiling oil surely headed your way.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

there's actually a lot of fembots here...there's a "what's your sex" thread in here somewhere....can't seem to find it

Well...

I'm not saying there are:
    What makes you think there are no female webmasters here?
    I'm just saying that there aren't as many female webmasters posting in things like website reviews. I never said there are no Female webmasters i just said they are hardly any compared to guys.

Well you can find out if it's a guys site usually as in by the colour schme guys tend to go for the darker colours. (not saying girl's can't use darker colours it's just guys tend to use darker colours)

Yeah i was looking for one of those threads but couldn't find one so i posted this up

Re: Female webmasters?

I find that no girl has the time to use to computer or even come close to making a website.
    What a load of codswallop. You must lead a very sheltered existence, or live at a men's dormitory. A lot of the females I know are very competent with computers (some even have a degree in computing) and are equally competent at webpage design and making heaps of money from it.

Re: Female webmasters?

That's what i don't see of much. Though i haven't posted in awhile nothing much has changed i can see. I read the post about female web hosts but that's totally different in my view. I find that no girl has the time to use to computer or even come close to making a website. Ah i guess guys just have alot more time to do totally stupid dumb things that we do best Not that i think we're dumb and we make crappy websites heh. Any female webmasters out there?
    Ask Carly Fiorina the CEO of Hewlet-Packard for her opinion on this.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/

Hmmm...

Well i'm only a teenager maybe it's just around my age group because it seems i'm the only webmaster i know in my whole grade even school

Well some good smart people at school that know some things about stuff like this.

A degree yeah but i'm in high school x_x

Oh and yeah i never said that girls aren't good at making cool sites! Of all the site's i've seen female webmasters make they look really cool
    A lot of the females I know are very competent with computers (some even have a degree in computing) and are equally competent at webpage design and making heaps of money from it.

Here is a recent thread about women at WHT

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=106512

0.o

Oooooo i didn't see that one.
    Well what do you know...
    Thanks i didn't see that one

I find that no girl has the time to use to computer or even come close to making a website.
    yeah, that because they are too busy baking cookies for, and wiping drool off the chins of kewl webhosts. If the girlz actually knew anything about those fancy computing thingys, they'd probably be dangerous, as all the young boyz would starve, and forget to bathe and stuff.
    I am sure you can tell which sites have female webmasters because they have cute usernames, and are all about homemaking, and have flowers, and stuff on them.
    It's a good thing you have cleared that up for us. Otherwise we might have thought that the internet is for everyone.
    Oh please continue to impart your revered wisdom on us so we can further be enlightned by your intellect.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Thumbs down ...

Hmmmm... I was not trying to be the least bit sexist in my posts really.

But if that's the way you think, you can go living your imaginary word where girls bake cookies for men, have cute nicknames and don't know a darn thing about computer.

I don't think girls are dumb. (i'm dumb but...) Girl's are in most cases better and smarter in almost all things guys do (cept guys sports... we're so damn violent these days). I don't stereo type girls either.

Re: ...

OH really?

I think ATST was having a lend of you by the way

Re: ...

But if that's the way you think, you can go living your imaginary word where girls bake cookies for men, have cute nicknames and don't know a darn thing about computer.

I don't think girls are dumb. (i'm dumb but...) Girl's are in most cases better and smarter in almost all things guys do (cept guys sports... we're so damn violent these days). I don't stereo type girls either.
    Why exactly do you have to go and say that girls can do things better then guys can? One of the most ignorant thigns I've heard. Didn't you say you're not trying to be sexist?

hmmmm...

twisting my words
    ohwell any mod can delete this topic if they want not really relevant any more since i looked at other thread

lol can you be sexist to your own gender? well i'll be.

Girl's are in most cases better and smarter in almost all things guys do
    No one is twisting words. I think you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

ok kid time to go home now......please girls why dont you pick someone your own size

lol

LOL mesa not talking to you with that remark Shyne
    sorry if you thought i was talking about u about the twisting words thingy

Thanks for confirming that you didn't twist the words and really ment it. heh

Quote Originally Posted by NicLiew
    twisting my words
    You do a pretty good job of that yourself.
    Girl's are in most cases better and smarter in almost all things guys do (cept guys sports

ohwell any mod can delete this topic if they want not really relevant any more since i looked at other thread
    Looks like to much fun to close.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Awww...

You moderators are ebil ebil i say!
    hmmm maybe that smilie didn't have anything to do with evil...

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Looks like to much fun to close.
    Lots more girls to step up and say their bit yet

lol

lol i'm just gona get pummeled with flames again.
    make them stop

I can definitely say that I know more female webmasters than male, and, not to be sexist, but most of the female webmasters I know are better at what they do than the males

I'm willing to bet that there's at least a dozen people here who are female but you don't know about. In the thread about who's female posted above, I think I saw at least 5 or so that I thought were males. But what does it matter, anyway?

In my Intro to Computers class, there's about 25 students and over half of them are female. Check out grades, and most females have 100% or higher (extra credit) and most of the guys are averaging a C. I can't wait until I take Unix next semester, to see how many gals are in there as well.

Great sig secludo

yay it's not flame!

yayayayayayayay you're not flaming me! well i think you aren't...
    On my msn list i have atleast 100-150 people and my aim list i have 50-100 people... Out of all i kno afew girls who make websites. They seem to have a nice sence of design. Actually hmmmm maybe that's because i don't know many girls at all lol.

Yeah girl's aren't really afraid to take up computer courses as i've found out doing a high school course when i was in i think yr7 or 1st term of yr8. Many girls were in that course.

I'm only 14 and i'm only in yr9 so i wouldn't kno about the whole age group and genders of webmasters so i was curious and posted about this. Sorry if i sounded alittle sexist before. I got a better reaction with my other post:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=Webmasters
    not to bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast