Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone use www.CirtexHosting.com!

Many spelling mistakes...also heard he was 14...Copies terms, anyone confirm this...shall i use their services?
    Last edited by Geeksterman; 04-26-2003 at 10:31 AM.
    This is my signature. Nice, eh?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Anyone use www.CirtexHosting.com! BAD!

Originally posted by Geeksterman
    Many spelling mistakes...also heard he was 14...Copies terms, anyone confirm this...also a warning to all people out there but i think your smarter to search them and find out.
    Have you used his service? If not, there's no reason for this thread.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

I need advice if this is a good hosting company.
      0 Not allowed!

Huh?

First you point out all sorts of things that don't seem right about this host, and then you ask whether or not they're good?

0 Not allowed!

So if someone wanted to find out what kind of a customer you were, they should start a thread with the title "Geeksterman -- BAD" and THEN ask the question?
      0 Not allowed!

Why not, it's a free forum with some simple rules to follow?
      0 Not allowed!

They can ask whoever they want...I have no grudge and will not complain like a baby over it as other ppl do.
      0 Not allowed!

Why not, it's a free forum with some simple rules to follow?

Participants may not use discussions to recommend or praise other product or services, or any company, unless you have directly used them before. This includes companies recommending other companies.
    I think it's implied that it works the other way around too...don't label a company "bad" unless you've used them before.
      0 Not allowed!

Im just saying is there services good or bad? or what?!
      0 Not allowed!

That's not what your title says (or your first post) - but seeing as how this is a relatively new company, you probably wont get any feedback here - best thing you could is try them out for yourself and then report back to us.
      0 Not allowed!

I like to see reviews lol, thanks for understanding i made my topic really sound bad...I just want a review.
      0 Not allowed!

I need advice if this is a good hosting company.
    Suggestion - Change the title of your thread, because you appear to be making a judgement on a service you haven't used.

If you want to avoid being flamed by other members think about the title of your thread beforehand.
      0 Not allowed!

There are broken links on his page and some of the content looks like it was written in a few minutes. You can also tell how long they have been in business by looking at how many threads are on their forum . With what they are offering I also cannot see how they are making money.

-Graham
      0 Not allowed!

also tell how long they have been in business by looking at how many threads are on their forum
    Not really... I have a support forum, but it is very, very quiet. But that doesnt mean I dont have any clients.... A lot of my clients still prefer to use email as its more private, but I am hoping one day they will move to the forums to liven it up a bit!
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

I know that some forums are not very busy but he has a total of 3 posts. I know that this is not true in all situations but it usually is.

Some people may be willing to put their site in the hands of a 12 year old, but I would never host a site with a kid who wants to play I run a webhosting company. I know for a fact that this kid is underage and we all remember TIMMMAH.

-Graham
      0 Not allowed!

The owner of CirtexHosting.com is 14 years old - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...28#post1099928 . As far as I can tell, he's using a FDC reseller acct (I have an acct. on that same server). Search for his posts (Hoobastank68), and decide for yourself how good he'd be as a host. Pretty obvious how bad it would be.
      0 Not allowed!

His age is not relevant. Just because an individual is more advanced than you were at that age does not mean he is incapable of running a hosting company.

This company should be judged purely on performance and customer feedback, which doesnt seem to be that great...
      0 Not allowed!

Age can be a factor as not many people of that age grasp the concept of how difficult it is to run a company of any kind.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by twotasty
    His age is not relevant. Just because an individual is more advanced than you were at that age does not mean he is incapable of running a hosting company.

This company should be judged purely on performance and customer feedback, which doesnt seem to be that great...

In this case age and immaturity are definately a factor. Do a little looking around and see what Hoobastank has said in the past.
      0 Not allowed!

I think a thread topic edit is needed as if someone goes looking for feedback on this host and see "Anyone use www.CirtexHosting.com! BAD!" they might be turned off right away and its really not fair to them..

If you are looking for reviews I think something along the lines of "Cirtexhosting.com, Any good?" would be more in line with what you are looking for.
      0 Not allowed!

I had already suggested a change to the title of the topic. But if there is a time limit set on a thread title edit then only an admin or mod can change the title.
      0 Not allowed!

If you ask me, age doesnt matter at all. It's all about the maturity. I mean, if someone didn't tell you his age, could you know his exact age? Probably not, you just estimate by reading the words he uses, understanding his grammar, and his tone.

Thats my 2 cents.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
      0 Not allowed!

Spoken like a true 14 year old.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh lord (no pun intended). While maturity is a big issue on whether people (of ANY AGE) are capable of running a business, the fact is that as a minor cannot enter into a contract. I know some rules are a bit different in different countries, but a 14 year old is minor in any country and has no business being on the web when he should be in school. Imagine his excuse for not answering your urgent helpdesk ticket, "Sorry, I had to go to school today." Or worse, "Sorry, my mom grounded me for three days."
    I'm a web designer: HIRE ME
      0 Not allowed!

It is true that I have a reseller account. I decided it would be in the best interest of all my customers that I let more experienced system admins keep the server up and running. I do plan one day to get a dedicated server, but for the time being I am a reseller. The duties of a reseller are basically only customer support as no server maintance can even be performed. I care about my customers just as much as any host here if not more. I am not a huge company and am going to spend the one on one time with my customers to keep them happy. We all have to start somewhere and this is where I choose to start. As far as all you bashers out there keep on kicking the hosts that are new and without any feedback. For it is us new hosts that will be your future competitor. I just hope any on lookers have the sense to stick to reviews written from actual customer experiences.

If any of you have a question of my matuirty please feel free to contact me.

Regards.
    CirtexHosting.com
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast