Thread: Office Attire

Office Attire

This message is for those of you that work full time and have an office...

What kind of attire do you require in the office? Is it different from one dept to the next? IE dresswear in sales, relazxed but professional stuff in support, etc)

I was thinking of getting some polo shirts with ym companys name done on them as well as some tshirts, but I wondered what others thought.
    Andrew Schultz
    aschultz@amiprepared.com
    Aim: nuschultz

might be a good idea to offer a choice of either shirt/tie(&suit?) or your company branded clothes.

the most important thing is the staff feel comfortable wearing it. some people find it demeaning wearing a 'uniform' so the option of dressing smartly instead may appeal whilst the reverse might be true as well.

In our office, we have to wear either Navy or Corporate Logo wear.

We have to wear suits of armor to work -- but I think my boss is just abusing his power .

Re: Office Attire

Originally posted by SchultzNY
    This message is for those of you that work full time and have an office...

What kind of attire do you require in the office? Is it different from one dept to the next? IE dresswear in sales, relazxed but professional stuff in support, etc)

I was thinking of getting some polo shirts with ym companys name done on them as well as some tshirts, but I wondered what others thought.
    For an office, I'd go with the polo shirts. They look much tidier than T-shirts and usually look good on everyone of every size. T-shirts don't.
    A polo shirt/clean pressed chinos combination will suit most offices and clients.
    Lands End has some good corporate embroidered stuff in a big range of sizes.
    http://www.landsend.com
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

First off.. props to andrew, hey my man.

At work the official dress code is "business casual" which usually includes khakis and a polo or button up shirt for guys. On fridays its casual which means jeans and a polo or button up shirt. My cohorts and I in IT usually get away with 'casual' Monday - Friday though. At my old job I used to be required to wear shirt and tie every day except friday, it's a real pain to run cable and stuff when you're wearing a tie.
    neil MCITP, VCP

My people can wear almost anything ( except crude clothes ), they work in a datacenter where they have to do a lot of grunt work and never really have to see anyone outside, so there's no point in putting limits.

I know a lady in my area that does embroidered polos and whatnot, I might get ahold of her.

Neil I was surprised to see you on her, hows Indiana treating you?
    Andrew Schultz
    aschultz@amiprepared.com
    Aim: nuschultz