Crop an image in Photoshop.

I am a total newbie in using adobe products, so don't bitch me if it's a stupid question.

I have the whole template is PSD form and would like to crop the header our after edited it. So how can I crop the image with exact width and height I specified? I can't crop properly and my hands are shaking.

There is a function under the Image-menu (I think, I have a Swedish Photoshop 5.5). It's called Resize work-area (direct translation). It opens a dialog-box where you can fill in the size in pixels or whatever you need. There is also a small clickable diagram where you choose what part of the image to keep. After you have cropped and saved as... then go one step back so you have the full image again, to crop out a different part. I think this feature can be found in Photoshop 6 and 7 as wll, but they might be somewhere else or have different names. If you can't find it I'll give you a screenshot of the dialogbox as a reference in your search to find what it's called.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

I could do it for you easier than telling you how. If your keen on that, drop me an email to ste_ve[@]bellsouth.net

Marquee tool to select crop area.

Image menu.....crop

Da Da!

Simon

Ps...now I need to learn to read...as that is the method for steady hands only!

the option is resize canvas and its on one of the menu items.

then as someone above said you specify the height in the popup move the arrows so that it keeps the bottom section (the arrows should point inwards and down if you have already set the new heigt of the picture.