Thread: No Cable

No Cable

My cable has been out for almost a week and they are trying to fix it. I'm on AOL free trial right now and I have to say that I didn't realize how bad dial-up is.
    Cutting Edge Hardware Reviews - FastLane Hardware Forums

The horror! I would freak out! I hope you get a month free out of your cable company!

when i first got my cable hooked up to my apart, the pings was bad and disturb my games... I keep on complaining on phone and they escalate me to the top level engineers .. then I got a free month.. sweet

ML

I already got a couple of months free service for past problems.....I just want my cable back. It's still out

If you don't mind me asking, who's your cable provider? Being down that long is just completely unacceptable.
    -Bruce

AOL sucks,doesnt matter if they give you free service...

WOW....FREE CRAP!!!!!

The Dude

My ISP is Time Warner/RoadRunner. They have already given me 2 month of free service because of all the problems that I have had not counting this time.
    I have no other choice here for broadband access. I'm lucky that I have RoadRunner even though occasionally it goes down. I get up to 2.5MBPS download speeds when it's working !
    Dial-up is the pits!
    I don't see why anyone in their right mind would pay $24. per month for dial-up service and then have to use their phone line to connect.

I am very surprised TW/Roadrunner would have an unresolved problem lasting a week, that is unacceptable, i can understand a few hours tops, what have they said is the problem ?

as for dial up, i'll never go back

2003-04-25 22:19:50 EST: 3299 / 123
    Your download speed : 3299822 bps, or 3299 kbps.
    A 402.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 123456 bps, or 123 kbps.
    Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!