Question Recommend digital camera

Hi folks,

I'm shopping around for a new digital camera and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations about a good brand/model.

My budget is up to USD$400 and I really only need the camera for still photography work - if it comes with video feature then that is fine.

My old camera is a Sony Mavica MVC-FD75 which has a 10X Optical Zoom with 3.5" FDD and 2.5" Color LCD Display.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Richard Gobin
    richard@ttonline.com

here is a solid recommendation for what you are looking for...

Minolta Dimage S414

Value for money! Out performs most digital cameras in its class with better quality imagery + more features + affordable price.

The Sony Mavica, I've had one for years. It's a bit pricey but there isn't anything it can't do. Extremely high resolution, images/vid clips can be recorded directly to a 3.5 disc.

It's awesome...

I don't know Jack about cameras, but did get one of these for Christmas. I take great pictures with it and it is easy to use. Plus it is well in your price range. The true photographer may laugh at me but it works for me. http://kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.j...q-locale=en_US
    Dale Poncy
    Retired from Zana Web Hosting

If you're happy with Sony's you might look at the newer ones out now. They're quite afforable and use memory sticks. $400 should get you 3-4 megapixels.

FujiPix are another one that people seem to recommend a lot. More features for the price tag too I believe, though that always seems to happen when you compare anything with Sony

I have a Sony myself - it's a few years old now but still an excellent camera.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I have a Sony CD-400 and love it its a bit over your budget, but it worth!
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

All sony cameras over about $300 are very good.
    Gone.

My range is $100-$250
    Any recommendations?

Which company will supply a driver for me for new windows. My last digital worked great but the company didn't supply new drivers so it was tuff luck to us costomers.

Get another Mavica. I have been using Mavica MVC-CD400. A bit bulky, but it's the only digital camera that can record up to 93 minutes of mpeg video at its lowest resolution.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I've always liked Canon digi cameras. They're excellent quality!
    Tantra Baby!

Smile

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

I'm seriously considering the Sony Mavica MVC-CD400 camera. Looks like what I've been looking for all along!

Jedito, FHDave, how much did you guys pay for your MVC-CD400s?

Regards,
    Richard Gobin
    richard@ttonline.com

$900 in Argentina, but I think that the cost is $550 in USA.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore