Angry Why are these rules not enforced?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=126472

I see many companys violating these rules everyday and yet only a few of the posts gets edited or deleted. Now your gonna say that they get warned. Well maybe they do but these same companies do it over and over again.

Now if you wanna flame me go ahead, but rules our rules.

You can't expect us to see every post.

If you see a post that you believe violates forum policy, Report it.

Sometimes we agree with you; sometimes we don't. But, the point is, report it so that we can look into it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Perhaps make the report item a button, or larger. Blind people!
    Website, Artwork, Me ~ [ http://cerebrolabs.deviantart.com ]

Don't feel the need to opening a new thread.

If user request for a host which MUST stay in business for 1 year or more, what is the most proven source that a host needs to provide?

Domain name creation date?

I have seen couple of hosts claiming that they have been in business for 4 or 5 years with an excuse of the current domain name is a new registered company name, and saying in fact the person who runs the company has been in business for long time.

I personally don't believe those who said that, but would that abuse the rules as well?

Thanks.

Some may have been in business for years, but the hosting business only a week, there is a big difference there. If they are genuine, then they should state how long they have been around and previous hosting name if they have just bought a new funkier domain dame.

I'd say it's up to the consumer to decide what to believe about that. Personally, if I were looking for someone that had been around for X# of years, and all the can provide is a story about, "Well we changed our name/ just got this division" kind of things, I'd be more apt to go with someone that I can just do a whois on and have a better understanding of how long they've been doing things.

I founded a company in 1985. Sold it and own a piece now. Branched into hosting in 2001. And there is no way I would try to claim that the hosting division is anything but two years old.

Thanks.

So basically, we need not to report?

I've seen anon completely cleared up one thread because of this issue, but the rest haven't really been concerned. I feel like reporting, but it seems this involves too much work to find out the real answer.

Please continue reporting

I've removed the ones that were reported.

If a host wants to use the story that they've been hosting and have just changed/purchased/whatever the domain name, they had better explain that within their post. If it's reported; it's removed.