My post have stopped???

Hey, for about the last 10+ post now my # has shown 46... whats up?

Only posts in the main forums (web hosting, dedicated servers, domain names, programming, starting your own hosting business, etc...) Count towards your post count.

Do a search before you ask questions, there have been about 20 other threads regarding post counts not rising.

oh ok thanks......

Perhaps it should be stickied.
    Website, Artwork, Me ~ [ http://cerebrolabs.deviantart.com ]

What difference does it make in how many posts you have? I don't see the point.

It adds "seniority".

No it doesn't. Seniority is who's been here longest - for that you'd look at the registered date.

Post counts ar enothing more than that - they show howmany times you've posted. It doesn't add anything to credibility - and doesn't take anything away from it.

A user with 100 smiley posts is a lot less credible than the one with 1 post that really contributed to the forum

it adds seniority because it's a sign of whose been around the board the most, and who knows whats happening around WHT.

And don't even think about removing post count from the showthread template! lol

Originally posted by akash
    No it doesn't. Seniority is who's been here longest - for that you'd look at the registered date.

Post counts ar enothing more than that - they show howmany times you've posted. It doesn't add anything to credibility - and doesn't take anything away from it.

A user with 100 smiley posts is a lot less credible than the one with 1 post that really contributed to the forum
    I know about the registered date, by most people ignore it, and look at the post amount.

Also people want to change their avatar text, newbie isn't the best one ;\

Sorry I still don't see the point, either you have something useful to say or you don't.
    Sitekeeper
    Google

Like they said, it adds Seniority......

Originally posted by pileofcrap
    Like they said, it adds Seniority......
    And we would get what from this seniority?
    Sitekeeper
    Google

Just usually when people see like (500+ post) WHT ADDICT,,, they think "Whoa he's been here a while" or "hey he blah blah blah" ......

you for instants ... 500+ post ... i would assume you have been in the game a while.

Well that'd be an incorrect assumption....

Check out members like Deb who's been here for ever, but has far fewer posts than other people who've been here for not as long.

Then you also have members that have a lot of posts, but a lot of them are one liners or smileys that dont help.

You can only judge credibility by the content of their posts - not only by post count, and not only by how long they've been here.

Originally posted by akash
    Well that'd be an incorrect assumption....

Check out members like Deb who's been here for ever, but has far fewer posts than other people who've been here for not as long.

Then you also have members that have a lot of posts, but a lot of them are one liners or smileys that dont help.

You can only judge credibility by the content of their posts - not only by post count, and not only by how long they've been here.
    Thanks akash,

I thought I was the onlyone who thought it was quality of a post that counted not how many post someone had.
    Sitekeeper
    Google

Well it's not like there is a quality ranker in the avatar section.

no, <removed: namecalling and insults are not permitted>. I knew exactly what you were saying, but it is am assumtion that many many people make.
    Last edited by Akash; 04-27-2003 at 02:59 PM.

Originally posted by pileofcrap
    no, you guys. . . . . I knew exactly what you were saying, but it is am assumtion that many many people make.

I smell manure.

And, I agree with you. People see the post count and draw an immediate impression. Most don't take the time to actually search for posts by the member to study quality. You'd spend your whole time searching here if you had to do that.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.