Submitting posts

Well after submitting a post (estimating) over 500 words, only to have it rejected by this here forum due to 'too many images', is a little disconcerting. To add insult to injury... I click 'back' to edit it... and get... an empty form. yay.

I would think that a smiley count should be based on the word count... and based on the amount of words I typed, I had hardly ANY smilies on my page (one per 50 words). Compared to people who put one sentence with 8 poorly chosen words and then add 6 smilies... A pretty unfair system, considering its usually the former, not the latter, that actually has any useful information to contribute.

I know this isnt exactly a 'web hosting' topic.. it's just my beef. However, when I wind down from the horrid mood I am in (to which I was posting why, as I think the topic would concern many of you here), I will attempt to repost, or hope for a reply from the sysop or moderators, indicating if they can recover my lost post.

(it's still queued in my browser, so I can repost it... I just can't get at it to cut and paste. Anyone know where the temp file for it may be on a win2k OS?)
    An Auto-Optimizing website engine! http://www.axxess.ca/AOsite/
    Don't just use the internet... Axxess it!

Re: Submitting posts

Originally posted by axx2k
    I know this isnt exactly a 'web hosting' topic.. it's just my beef.
    You probably should have considered the Suggestions/Questions forum for this one.

Gary

Right you are.... It's amazing how anger can blind you to the point of incognizance.

... not that it helps any.... I doubt I will get my post back.

Re: Re: Submitting posts

Originally posted by Editor
    You probably should have considered the Suggestions/Questions forum for this one.

Gary
    Moved.

I think the limit right now is 10 emoticons. And I think 10 emoticons is not enough for an emoticon junky like me.

However, for this forum, it is plenty.

IMHO that is.

axx2k, I don't know where it would be stored on your computer though. But, someone might.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I already searched it out. the form fields are stuck in a dll. I can't yank it without some form of dll extraction tool... which I don't know of, or think even exists. All I can do is repost... all I like, all day... even open up multiple and do it.... bah.

I am not trying to repost intentionally, btw... I am merely trying to get my damn full length write-up of a big paypal problem that I wanted to share, and I have to navigate the browser back and forth to attempt to extract the fields.

Anyone help me out here? all I want to do is post this one post... it probably has 11 emoticons...enough to screw me. But man... its over 500 words guaranteed... words I cannot easily replicate.

Maybe a good idea to type lengthy posts in a text editor or Word then copy and past into your post I only know of one forum where I hit back and it is empty, and this isn't it, so not sure what happened to yours.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Maybe a good idea to type lengthy posts in a text editor or Word then copy and past into your post I only know of one forum where I hit back and it is empty, and this isn't it, so not sure what happened to yours.

hmmm yeah, I kinda already know that... doesnt help much here, now. I was actually going to do that, as I wanted to post it elsewhere too... But then I thought to myself 'nahh... I can always hit 'back'.

I also only know of one forum that wipes the post when you hit 'back'... But unlike you say, for me, THIS is that forum.

I am pretty much giving up on posting it anyways... It may sound harsh, but I can't stand repeating something when it could easily be recovered (if I could just post it.... the window is still open).

Besides, in time, everyone here will find out about PayPals' 'Little Scam'. I will be happy to tell my clients, colleagues, and anyone who asks me, but let the rest find out the hard way, like I had to... I also have learned about how this forum treats erroneous submissions 'the hard way' (ie: those who have control over this forum don't seem willing to do more than tell me the obvious), so I see no point in trying to make any extra efforts when nobody else is.

later!