Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Well again, you are are making somewhat of a blanket statement by assuming that all users are created equal. The number of accounts on a server is irrelevant because unless you know exactly how much resources all accounts combined are consuming, your not really providing an accurate picture. This is where server management and balancing the load between servers where needed comes into play. As stated earlier, you can easily have a server with 3000 accounts, out performing a server with just 300 accounts. Number of cPanel accounts is irrelevant (at least when talking about shared non reseller web hosting).
    Fernando, do you think that saying things like "you are are making somewhat of a blanket statement" help?. You might think that it is a good idea to tell anyone what kind of statement one makes, but a discussion is not about that. No one made assumptions you've suggested. If you believe that "the number of accounts on a server is irrelevant" in terms of resource usage, it is still not true, but I'm OK with that. You have an opinion and it is probably based on your experience in managing Shared accounts. It is fine.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Well, I operate a "budget" web hosting business. And i must say, 99.9% of my clients barely open a support ticket.

Most of the ones we get are about wordpress and file permissions. These take less then 2 minutes to solve.

However, with VPS servers, we seem to get alot of people order unmanaged VPS's and asking for support nearly every day. To which the response is either out of goodwill we help them, or we simply tell them theyre running an unmanaged service.

I must also disagree with @Photonhelper. Our clients from these countries are actually the most understanding. They understand the problem and they never demand or blackmail.

And these are clients who purchase a small hosting package for $10 a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12