hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : 000domains and DNS

Forum Jump

000domains and DNS

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2001, 03:48 PM

000domains and DNS

I updated DNS information for a domain that is registered with 000domains. It seems to take forever with them that the DNS information changes on the Internet. I had done a similar thing with Networksolutions and it went much faster thru the Internet DNS system. I tried it from 3 different networks and all requests still went to the old site. I checked the Whois DB at 000domains and one entry of a domain that I had changed on early Monday morning shows last update today (Thursday) - other domains that I have updated at the same time are listed with last update yesterday.

Has anyone else noticed a long time for DNS updates when updating DNS servers for domains that are registered with 000domains?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2001, 08:24 PM
Web Hosting Master

000domains

Hello

In fact I have more than 20 domains with them and have not seen any problem with them.

It takes about 24 hours for changes to take effect.

Your local DNS servers may have problem, is it?

They have the greatest technical/billing support between thousands of registrars.

Regards,
Mac

Old 06-22-2001, 08:41 AM

I have a redirect on the old account and therefore can see when the DNS gets updated. I did not only mean that 000domains has slow updates but the way it gets into the Internet from there - it has always been faster when I had made changes at Networksolutions. I know ISPs do not always update the DNS right away - but still - it takes much longer when I do it from 000domains.

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Microsoft Returns Domain Names to No-IP After Taking Down Dynamic DNS Service Users Web Hosting News 2014-07-07 13:35:00
Web Hosting Sales and Promos - June 13, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-06-13 18:30:39
Nominet Plans to Make Shorter .UK Domains Available Starting June 10 Web Hosting News 2014-02-03 12:08:10
Nominet Goes Ahead with Shorter .UK Domains Despite Negative Feedback Web Hosting News 2013-11-21 11:02:46
Today in Domains: Startups, Exact Match Keyword Domains and Facebook Typosquatters Blog 2013-05-01 16:35:20