Cobalt Raq Forum

The forum was merged with the Dedicated Hosting Forum - any threads related to that blue box can go there

Good move there

tecks idea - gotta give the man credit

Wouldn't it make more sense to make it a sub forum?

Originally posted by Haze
    I don't think there is any going back now...

i got to see it with the default closed icon that is used with the board, it looks really weird there, i thought I had been granted a moderator position, and that i was able to see closed forums. Pretty hilarious.

Yeah, great move, i didn't see a reason for that forum to be around with the dedicated servers forum up 2 spots from there on the forumhome.

Good work brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    It would, but they are essentially dedicated boxes - I see no reason why they should be separated. (never really understood why they were in the first place)

Well i think it's because some people don't class them as real servers and when RackShack & tera-byte released low priced RAQs the forums got swamped with requests. I used to only visit these forums for the cobalt area ....... guess ill stick to the mailing list now.

Originally posted by akash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    It would, but they are essentially dedicated boxes - I see no reason why they should be separated. (never really understood why they were in the first place)
    Well, let me just start off by saying I hate RaQs. Let me then go on to say I run one ( hopefully not for much longer ). Now, the reason I feel its best to have them seperate ( read: as a sub forum ) is because running a raq is very much not the same as a plain old server. All software updates and releases are done via Sun, and nobody in their right mind is going to update the box as soon as a new patch is released.. they wait for the "lab rats" to break or make their box. Ok, I've gone way off the road.. back on target now. What I mean is, yes it is a dedicated server, but it would be extremely annoying for those of us that use one of these ugly blue boxes to sort through the dedicated server forum, same for regular dedicated server owners. In fact, if I am not mistaken, this was the whole point of having a seperate forum for cRaQs in the first place.

Anyways, im not making much sense here.. need coffee.. need rest.. need vacation.. need food. Mmmm food.

Didnt even notice there was a Raq forum lol!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

i think a lot of people who used the RAQ forum for support may go find somewhere else now instead also .... the RAQ forum was it's own little unique corner .... You'll see a lot of pissed off people in the dedicated area when people keep posting about pizza boxes.

BRING IT BACK!

Please!

just post in the dedicated forum.

Funny I just picked up a raq to test out, and was going to use the raq forum here for some q&a without having to unbury all the posts in the ded fourm. And spare me the "use the search" button is just as good.

It would have been nice to actually have done a poll for a week on it before all the mods just decide to move on it. Hell the headsurfer runs polls all the time, is is that hard?

Guess I'll just use rackshack's raq forums.

Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops

I think its a mistake removing the Cobalt area.
    These great boxes allow many of us to start a company without being a linux wizz and concentrate on business. The answers you get or the questions you ask do NOT mix with the other linux boxes.

Great shame.
    Last edited by dutchie; 04-24-2003 at 09:43 AM.

please bring the raq forum back, for the people who uses only raq's it is a fast accurate and good Q&A.

I doubt it if it is in the "white box" forum because people will say, "i dont know anything about cobalt products........."

Right and whats even worse we've lost the knowledge database by "search".

The more I think of it the more I get pissed over this, who's idea was this?
    Did you ever thought about consulting all the people using this area?

Makes me wonder if there is some Rackshack politics behind this....
    (didn't they have a cobalt forum??)