* A Change in Rules?

I am sorry but there is just so much stuff that it kinda makes you mad... a rules I dislike or want to be changed are ....

1. The 5 days thing in the requests and offers forum
    2. The thing where it shows by when the topic was made is stupid, just make a rule that you can't bump that would be more appropriate.
    3. Posting or Requesting unlimited space or transfer shouldn't be aloud.

-Steve

1) Probably not going to happen. 5 days is short enough. If anything 5 days should be increased to say, 7 or so.
    2) Definitely not going ot happen. People would "bump" threads by "correcting" or updating their previous posts. The way it is right now is perfect.

Remember, advertising is free and everyone needs to have the same chances.

3)Posting is no longer alllowed. We can't "disallow" requesting because some people just dont know that it doesn't exist.

For #1. All the mods here say that, I can see with the Shared and Dedicated Offers, but related REQUESTS and OFFERS there 2 different things, that forum should be lowered to more like 2 days, maybe all should because with the rate of posting new ads, peoples offers or requests are at the next page within 3 hours

Steve,

These points you bring up are stand no chance of being changed IMO. Why?

1- If its decreased to 2 days, a new thread would be on the next page within minutes, not hours.

2- This forum wasn't started to be a marketplace for hostee's looking for a host... it's migrated to that somewhat, but it's still not the prime focus of the website.

3- How can you be so new to the forum, yet be so ready to point fingers at what you perceive to be best for WHT? (no harshness intended)

I spoke with you just yesterday on AIM and you were leaving the hosting business because you haven't had any signups in 3 weeks.

You always have the option to open your own webhosting related forum, and run it the way you feel this board should run.

I am sure WHT loves to see input from it's user base, these things you asked about are most likely not negotiable. Besides, the mod force is proactively seeking out the troubled areas and members that are bad for WHT... making notes and banning as they go. Rome wasn't built in a day, and WHT won't be rid of the past problems that quick either.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...39#post1086039

Originally posted by serious-sam
    Not really. It usually results in arguements over such things not existing.

Perhaps all those hosts offering their services should be forced to sign up with WHT and must agree not to say "unlimited" bandwidth and space.
    Website, Artwork, Me ~ [ http://cerebrolabs.deviantart.com ]

Re: A Change in Rules?

Originally posted by Phoenix Host
    I am sorry but there is just so much stuff that it kinda makes you mad... a rules I dislike or want to be changed are ....

Why? So you can just make more and more offers? Just think if 50 other folks thought the same way.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Re: A Change in Rules?

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Just think if 50 other folks thought the same way.
    Originally posted by Phoenix Host
    Just think, millions of WHT users from around the globe submitting ads every few seconds heck, no one would see your add, it would just *flash* on by so fast, almost like a constant stream of ads Reminds me of the stock ticker on Bloomberg TV It may be so popular, Robert may need to add a few more Xeons to the cluster just to handle this amazing work of innovation

Pheonix Host, I cannot help but to address this.

You are a fairly new member here, there is nothing wrong with that, we were all new at one time. The thing is, is I have been seeing a lot of posts coming from you in thie forum, requesting all of these changes, and questioning how things are done here at WHT. It is almost like you are trying to form WHT to your likings, making it the way you want it, as if it was you are trying to run these forums.

Nothing here is going to change, unless it is a logical and useful change. But as for now, I think you need to play by the rules, just like everyone else, and deal with the way they are.

This is nothing against you, but nothing is going to change.
    You are unique, just like everyone else.