Where to put Blogging pages?

Hello All,
    I am using WordPress for my website and am starting to have an issue with the Blogging content that I have on my website.
    Whenever I write up a new article I save it into its own page as I want to keep it as part of my Blog content. I in addition use SEO Yoast and provide the data needed by Yoast to help improve my SEO content.
    The problem is that I am now starting to have way to many pages on my website and management is becoming and issue. Previously I had a need to provide some zipped files to my website and was advise to place these zip files in the “public_html” sub-directory of my site. I managed to create the sub-directory in the public_html sub-directory but for the life of me I could not find how to load the actual Zip files into the sub-directory that I created. I contacted my Web Host provider and explained the issue and they said if I sent them the zip files they would do it for me and this they did. However I do not want my Hosting provider to be doing this all the time if I can do it myself. I have C-Panel on my website and can view my directory structure through the “File Manager” shown there.

My question is do I need to use FTP as a method of loading files into my web page? Or am I missing something in File manager that allows me to do this? I hope that this makes sense?
    One last question, does it make sense to store each of these Blog topics in the “public_html” sub-directory, or is there a better solution?

In cPanel, go to File Manager, then to the directory you created for the files. There's an Upload icon near the top of the page. Click on that to upload the zip. You can extract the files from a zip in file manager too by highlighting the file then clicking on Extract (near the top again).

Maybe because it's late but I don't really understand what you're doing with the zip files and your site structure. If they're posts as opposed to pages you can divide them into categories for easier management of lots of posts. I have hundreds of posts on my company blog all neatly organized that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickCoder View Post
    In cPanel, go to File Manager, then to the directory you created for the files. There's an Upload icon near the top of the page. Click on that to upload the zip. You can extract the files from a zip in file manager too by highlighting the file then clicking on Extract (near the top again).

Maybe because it's late but I don't really understand what you're doing with the zip files and your site structure. If they're posts as opposed to pages you can divide them into categories for easier management of lots of posts. I have hundreds of posts on my company blog all neatly organized that way.

Thank you for the reply, the information on how to use file manager is a real help! As you can see I am new to this sort of thing but want to learn how to do things for myself. The Zipped files are working fine now, the issue is with Blog Posts, I have been making them available as pages but from what you are saying this is not how they need to be treated. I need to better understand how to store them as blog posts, I will try and research this out on my site however any information that you might be able to give will be welcome! Sorry for being so dense!
    After thinking about this I think that my confusion lies in that I run a Photographic site not a blogging site. However to add good content I felt that providing technical know how would be well received by my visitors. Originally I wanted to try and keep my main page for large sizes images however now after several weeks I find that I need to change my thinking about this.
    The documents that I want to provide are fairly long and detailed often 500 to 800 words long, so my thought was to put a short intro to the front page combined with a link to the full document if the visitor wanted to view the full archive.
    Thoughts and suggestions please.

A blog post using WordPress doesn't necessarily have to be "bloggy". For the info you want to share posts should be fine if you want to go that route. I would include them in WP as different categories. That will make it easier to navigate. As is, your zipfiles link on the home page leads to an error page.

Indeed, maybe you need to change the whole site navigation. On the Home you can put the latest posts and have a separate section for the photos and blog posts. Do not treat them like pages (having a Leave a Reply box under each site section for example, you only need it for the blog posts). For the photos, I can recommend to search for an appropriate Gallery plugin for WP, so it can look a little more professional and stylish - FooBox and NextGen are two that spring to mind. As for the articles, I think you got a good idea for it - shorter texts and Read More for the whole post, WP has this option in the actual menus where you add the Posts.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.

Well two things, if you are posting new content you may be using WordPress wrong, Pages are reserved for static content, and posts shoudl be used for chronilogical content. My clients typically use "news" or "Latest Information" Instead of the word blog where I thought you were going by the title of this post. If you are having a lot of pages you can try to group them using parent pages, this will allow your theme to indent them under the main page (if your theme supports sub-menus.)

Additionally, if you have files on your website that you need you want your clients to download a simple FTP program will work great. I use dreamweaver and put the files where i want them locally then synch them back to the server. Then after you have done it a few times you will know where the files are. For example any file you put in the public_html folder will be available on the domain level. So if you create a local folder called "downloads" add your files there, ftp this folder to the server, your files will now be accessible by http://www.domainname.com/downloads/filename.zip

I hope this gets you going in the right direction if not let me know I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. You can also try a file management plugin for WordPress if you need to make your life a tiny bit easier.
    WordPress Hosting Get a WordPress website you'll loveWordPress web design

My Vision for the Website

Thank you all for the comments, thoughts and time you have put into trying to get me back on track!
    When I first started this whole process I thought I new what the website should look like like, however as time passed and various process where completed I felt it necessary to try and add more value to visitors visiting the website. With your comments it has made me go back and re-evaluate where I am going from a design point of view. Thus over the past several days I have come up with the following.

First off the site is a photographic website and is not a blogging site, and this is for the better or worse?

I wanted to add technical information about the photographic interests that this site is dedicated to, however it is not the primary focus of this site.

I have been working on a forum which will integrate with my WordPress theme that I use and from a visitors interest point of view this would be the second most important part of the website.

I am sorry, but I have no interest in Blogging and from the visitors point of view they would prefer a forum section for discussion and the posting of their images for evaluation. I am not sure if I am right or wrong in this but that is the way I wish to go.
    However with that said I would really like to reduce the number of pages that I have and yes I understand that I can use parent/child relationships for displaying the pages. The issue is in the “Page” section where I have in my mind to many pages already and I do not want to add more.

Thanks again.