Private Nameservers

I'm sorry if this was posted before but I couldn't find a solution anywhere!

I got a dedicated server(unmanaged) so i added nameservers "" & "", assigned IP addresses & assign A entry

Now they're showing in the DNS records but when I try to ping the name servers it doesn't work.

I always had the same problem with new servers but it was usually with hostgator and they always did it for me but now I have to do it myself.

Please tell me what may be missing or what to check

Thanks in advance

You can use to see what you missed in the configuration.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

You also need to create child nameserver in domain control panel.

Login in domain control panel and create child nameserver / Glue record / hostname for these nameserver.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Web Hosting Tutorials

Yes, I am agreeing with YagHost- Ravi.

First of all, make sure that nameservers for your domain are registered at domain registrar’s end. Now, you need to set/change child nameservers pointing to dedicated server IP address from your Domain registrar end. If you are aware about it, you can do it from domain management control panel. If you are not familiar with it, you can contact your domain registrar.

Now, you need to host the domain in dedicated server and need to set nameserver pointing to server IP address. Also, add A record entry for the same.

If you have done both of these tasks, please allow 24 to 48 hours, in order to propagate DNS records around the globe. Also, you can check DNS records from URL:

Best regards,
    BestServerSupport | Outsourced Hosting Support and Server Management Service Provider
    WHM/CPanel | HyperV Virtualization | Plesk | WebsitePanel | Windows VPS | OnAPP Cloud | Virtuzoo
    Helpdesk Support | Cloud Administration | Dedicated Support | VPS Support

Yes, You need to register your nameservers with your server IP address from domain registrar end. Once it is done, you need to add dns entry for that nameservers in your dns server. So that it would be working fine.
    Mad about Hosting!!!!

Thank you all for your replies

I already did that before posting but the problem was DNS Resolver

If anyone have the same problem get the DNS resolvers from your data center and got to WHM and search for resolver

Hope that this may help

Cusco Perú
    It's good to see the topic solution.

For problems dns I use these tools: