Can't update website - pls help

Thank you for reading my post!

I tried to update my website for the first time in a year, last week. I was unable to access the server, so I called Bell Tech support, who advised that Bell was having issues on their end, and that they were not sure when the issue would be resolved.

I have tried to update my site every day for the past week with no success. I have called Bell a few times and always receive the same answer.

I find it very strange that this is apparently a global issue, but I coulnd't find any information about anyone else having this issue with Bell hosting, and nowhere on their website does it explain this.

I did a WHOIS search for the website and found
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited

The website is sacredartskingrafix.com. I have no idea whether other Bell hosting clients have the same issue, or if for some reason this is specific to my website.

I was going to email Bell to request them to either allow me to update my website, or to reimburse my las payment and make needed changes so that I can tranfer my domain name.

Maybe there is anoher way around this? All I want to do is update my website!

Thank you for any help you can provide!

When you contacted what they explained? What was/is the issue?
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

hi, thanks for the reply, they just said that all Bell hosting clients were unable to update their websites at this time, and that was all the info they had. They could not give me an estimated time it would be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredArt View Post
    hi, thanks for the reply, they just said that all Bell hosting clients were unable to update their websites at this time, and that was all the info they had. They could not give me an estimated time it would be fixed.
    Do they have Cpanel based Hosting Servers or you using some kind of website builder tool they are offering?
    If you are having issues, best thing is to get refund and move elsewhere.
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►

I use filezilla to make updates if that's what you mean.

I guess that is what I will do. Just seems strange to have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredArt View Post
    I use filezilla to make updates if that's what you mean.

I guess that is what I will do. Just seems strange to have this problem.
    You are paying for their services. If you can not use a service properly which you are paying for, then pack your bags and move away.
    There are thousands of companies out their in market.
    ►►

You might want to consider transferring your domain name and hosting (not at the same time). I find it's better to keep domains and hosting separate and with companies that specialize specifically in those areas.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Seems a little odd that they don't have any global notification OR an update for as long as few days. Leaving aside the blurry explanation from them, they can at least give some information to keep their clients from guessing.

You can give them another chance, however seeking better service elsewhere is a preferable choice
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.

It sounds like the server you are on may be in Read only status. Meaning there is a problem with the server you are on so nothing can be written to ie files cannot be changed. So when you try to write to your account it does not allow you to change any files.

Or the site may have been moved via SSH and you no longer own the files root does. This will also not allow you to update the site or change files.

You would need to contact them since there is really nothing anybody can do for your unless you going to move hosts.
    | Buzy Bee Hosting, LLCsales@bzybhosting.com★Dedicated★KVM VPS★
    | Self/Fully Managed★ Shared Hosting★cPanelŽ★ 99.9% uptime★
    | Softaculous★ CMS hosting★ SSL Certs★ Idera CDP Backup, FTP Backup

Backup your site with your filezilla access (copy all the files)...find a new host....install the site (load all the files onto the new hosting)....get Bell to forward your domain. You can sign up for a month to month hosting for $5ish a month at many hosts and change the hosting easily. Its just a matter of getting your domain pointed to your hosting.

Have Bell walk you through forwarding your domain. If your domain is registered somewhere other than Bell, it is easier. Go to your registrar and have them help you forward or "point" (better option) your domain to your new hosting.

I use godaddy.com for small sites and their customer service reps will literally stay on the phone for an hour or more walking you through simple things like this, (I've sat with a client who wanted to do it themselves, on speaker phone, for over an hour with go daddy support.... )

I don't know if Bell is the same as AT&T in the US, but they are fools and incompetent if they are.

I'd be glad to help if you need.

Dave