Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sounds like a bad experience and the OP is entitled to share their factual experience. I don't see a problem with their "review", actually more like they are detailing a negative experience rather than a review.

Just as businesses accepts good "reviews"/experiences, they must accept negative ones. That is the cost of doing business. Having to wait 2 weeks is a failure. Refund is great, but still a failure.

"It is what it is"
    "Life will move on"
    ... might as well just said.. 'I don't care'.

... those two statements should shine as bright as the sun to someone who is interested in purchasing services. He wasted two weeks of the OP's time "It is what it is". He had to purchase another month on your old server, even though you said he would get this new one done in time "Life will move on". That sounds to me, like he really doesn't care and that is disconcerting. My $0.02.
    Last edited by JGRoboMarketing; 02-08-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

It's manual, staff have to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-HostRedDragon View Post
    Is making a thread "featured" a manual process (ie a moderator has to decide to make it featured), or is it an automated system based on posts/views?

If it's the later, then I can't say it's WHT choice/fault. Does seem a strange choice though if it's a manual process.

Think this situation could have maybe been handled better, but I still think it would not put me off using rack911
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Your signature claims you're a senior system admin. You've used Rack911?
    Yes I was trying to since I was having issues with a complex HA drbd cluster test setup over VPN.
    Last edited by andrewn; 02-08-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    Andrew N. - cPanel Plesk VMWare Certified Professional
    Do you need immediate assistance? 20 minutes response time!*
    EmergencySupport - Professional Server Management and One-time Services

Andrew, aren't you technically a competitor to Rack911? It seems out of place for you to write a review on them even if you did technically use them for something...

Quote Originally Posted by JRSEOMarketing View Post
    ... those two statements should shine as bright as the sun to someone who is interested in purchasing services. He wasted two weeks of the OP's time "It is what it is". He had to purchase another month on your old server, even though you said he would get this new one done in time "Life will move on". That sounds to me, like he really doesn't care and that is disconcerting. My $0.02.
    It seems that's the gist of the problem here. The customer got duped. Led to believe the server will be managed in time, on more than one occasion (we can, sorry we can't, okay we can, naah, we'll refund).

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-HostRedDragon View Post
    Is making a thread "featured" a manual process (ie a moderator has to decide to make it featured), or is it an automated system based on posts/views?
    It was made featured very early on, not to mention posted on WHT's Twitter and Facebook page.

You look at the Web Hosting forum and see all of the negative threads with substantially more posts and views that never get featured, let alone posted to the Twitter and Facebook page... so it kind of seems weird as to what qualifies for the featured option.

Perhaps someone with authority can explain what criteria there is for that happening? I'm going to assume that it's kind of like the TMZ of web hosting, where high profile individuals / brands get more attention than the average Joe when something unfortunate happens.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It was made featured very early on, not to mention posted on WHT's Twitter and Facebook page.

You look at the Web Hosting forum and see all of the negative threads with substantially more posts and views that never get featured, let alone posted to the Twitter and Facebook page... so it kind of seems weird as to what qualifies for the featured option.

Perhaps someone with authority can explain what criteria there is for that happening? I'm going to assume that it's kind of like the TMZ of web hosting, where high profile individuals / brands get more attention than the average Joe when something unfortunate happens.
    I am sure it has something to do with Steven's history around here with the staff..

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

The issue is, we have a new Socializer who is not a member of WHT staff. Sometimes the wrong topic gets featured. And this is one of those times. I've contacted her in hopes it doesn't happen again. And I'd like to apologize to the community for her indiscretion.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Can't believe people are defending Steven in this situation!

I'd never use Rack911 based on the OP's claim and Rack911's dismissive attitude.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Ilovetheheat, I also had the same thought.

Is hard to believe that many members are in Steven's side when he is no reason at all. I have 100% sure that I have the reason in my side.

Unfortunately, many members don't think this way, this makes me think if they're not all existing old costumes of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy View Post

Is hard to believe that many members are in Steven's side when he is no reason at all. I have 100% sure that I have the reason in my side.

Unfortunately, many members don't think this way, this makes me think if they're not all existing old costumes of his.
    Divvy,

Steven has done a lot for the community in general, this is why people are on his side.

I like Steven, he has done a lot and because of him the software we all use today is more secure.

Unfortunately in this case I do not agree with him and his replies. But things happen unfortunately and we all just have to move on.

- Daniel

I agree.

It doesn't matter who you are or how brilliant you (think) you are. At the end of the day, communication is key in business and in this case, the OP was let down in terms of this.

I personally haven't used Rack911 or their services, and I know they're great admins - I'd be saying the same thing no matter which company it is.

Last edited by EthernetServers; 02-08-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewn View Post
    Yes I was trying to since I was having issues with a complex HA drbd cluster test setup over VPN.
    What is your ticket ID, I don't remember any tickets regarding a VPN over HA DRBD cluster, I checked both the active support database and the archive.
    I read every ticket that had DRBD inside of them.

Edit: I found a ticket from 24 June 2009 with the ticket ID HTP-949810. If that's what you are talking about that's not very valid here, things were very different then.
    Last edited by Steven; 02-08-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    The issue is, we have a new Socializer who is not a member of WHT staff. Sometimes the wrong topic gets featured. And this is one of those times. I've contacted her in hopes it doesn't happen again. And I'd like to apologize to the community for her indiscretion.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    Thank you Dennis.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Andrew, aren't you technically a competitor to Rack911? It seems out of place for you to write a review on them even if you did technically use them for something...
    I just want to point out, its not uncommon for competitors to use Rack911 for those questioning Andrew. There is a half dozen server management providers on here that use Rack911 often. I refer out sometimes, if I 'really' can't figure out something but that is not very common.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheheat View Post
    Can't believe people are defending Steven in this situation!

I'd never use Rack911 based on the OP's claim and Rack911's dismissive attitude.

Thanks for sharing OP.
    The people who have worked with Steven, will use him again and again. He may be busy at times, but he is better than any of the management companies out there. This coming from a guy who worked with him for over 3 years.
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

Attention, I didn't said that Steven is not good, remember that I decided to wait because I wanted him to setup my new server.

I'm just saying that he didn't had the right attitude with me...

Attention, I didn't said that Steven is not good, remember that I decided to wait because I wanted him to setup my new server.

Well you should move on now, you can try AdminGeekZ.
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

Yes, that is very true! OP or anyone here questioned their technical abilities. I never have had any chance to work with him; but its quite clear from their projects and review how awesome they are. Unfortunately they were failed to manage time to handle your requests and I am so sorry to hear that you are now in a tight schedule. Anyway good luck with your next provider.

Guys take it or leave it
    I have an order pending with Rack911 from the last 3 months. Oh Yes you heard it right.
    I have sent numerous emails to their sales but no one takes heed to my replies.
    All ignored but trust me. I have no complaints to make or no issues to raise and no bad reviews to post.

I am still trying may be one day Steven will get time and he will process my order or actually develop interest in processing my order.

Years back Steven had helped me fix some stuff which I still appreciate and may be thats the reason I am so patient with him.

Kinda of weird yeah ? But thats the truth.

I personally did not have a good experience with Rack911 either, this applies to pre sale only.

A month ago, after a few back and forth replies (a total of 8 from both sides), Steven doesn't seem to care about my ticket anymore even I bumped it once. I don't know if this is his style of handling potential customers or he's really too busy with other of his work. Anyway, maybe it's a fortunate for me as I do not want no replies when I am in need of help.

What is your ticket ID bentenn?
    If people have issues they have to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    I personally did not have a good experience with Rack911 either, this applies to pre sale only.

A month ago, after a few back and forth replies (a total of 8 from both sides), Steven doesn't seem to care about my ticket anymore even I bumped it once. I don't know if this is his style of handling potential wcustomers or he's really too busy with other of his work. Anyway, maybe it's a fortunate for me as I do not want no replies when I am in need of help.
    I have said many times on WHT, if management people have issues I do not care to take on every sale. Sorry you didn't get a reply but I care about exisiting people more than I do new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    What is your ticket ID bentenn?
    If people have issues they have to tell me.
    I do not have issues mate. I certainly did tell you but you did not respond to me. I know you are a busy man so I just stopped bothering you and asking you for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by BenTenn View Post
    I do not have issues mate. I certainly did tell you but you did not respond to me. I know you are a busy man so I just stopped bothering you and asking you for an update.
    What is your ticket ID?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast