Exclamation Searching for Magento web host

Hello everyone.
    I would like to get best web host to run "mageno"
    As we speak i am using "1dollarwebhost.com".... big mistake.
    In cpanel you can install magengo but they wont tell you that magento uses more resources than they provide.
    Prefer....
    HDD - SSD
    Good upload/download speed
    Something not cost arm and a leg.
    Good support.
    And can help to move my site.

Thank you

Magento is known as software app that takes more resources than other Linux based CMS and commerce software. Do you have any preference about location and network or you just need a cheap deal?
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Checked out their hosting partners?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/partners/hosting
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Magento is known as software app that takes more resources than other Linux based CMS and commerce software. Do you have any preference about location and network or you just need a cheap deal?
    For web host no matter location as long good download/upload speed in US.
    Let say if my modem/dsl can download @ 6MB a sec I want no bottleneck on host site.

Cheap = unreliable
    Expensive also can be unreliable.
    I will need to see quotes or pricing to compare cheap vs not cheap.
    Also i want to add if someone trying offer 30 dollar host i will not even consider because i can get reliable dedicate machine for same cost.

Yes - Magento can be resource hungry.

So, assuming you're after shared hosting at this point, you're looking for a host who gives you higher limits than some do for things like CPU and RAM. In short - don't just go for the cheapest, and probably avoid any that advertise unlimited space. But send a few some e-mails, pre-sign-up, and ask what limits you'd get.

What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by dxds View Post
    Also i want to add if someone trying offer 30 dollar host i will not even consider because i can get reliable dedicate machine for same cost.
    No you can't. Any dedicated server for that price would run Magento worse than a solid shared host.
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post

So, assuming you're after shared hosting at this point, you're looking for a host who gives you higher limits than some do for things like CPU and RAM. In short - don't just go for the cheapest, and probably avoid any that advertise unlimited space. But send a few some e-mails, pre-sign-up, and ask what limits you'd get.

What's your budget?

No you can't. Any dedicated server for that price would run Magento worse than a solid shared host.
    Thank you for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by qwidjib0 View Post
    Checked out their hosting partners?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/partners/hosting
    That's exactly where I was going to recommend that you look as well.
    A2 Optimized WordPress Hosting From A2 Hosting - 6X Faster Page Loads. Up To 20X Faster On Our Turbo Servers. WordPress Auto-Installed! ManageWP Account. US & European Data Centers. Server Rewind Backups. 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support. Also Featuring High Performance VPS Hosting!

It would be better to get a VPS to run your Magento cart. I've installed and managed a pretty busy Magento powered website using an entry level VPS server from MediaTemple and it runs smoothly.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post
    This is true. Although Varnish via the Turpentine plugin will increase possible Transactions Per Second by 700%+.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Take a look at the VPS SSD from Knownhost

Magento is very CPU intensive and requires hosting that allow higher resource consumption that the average shared host.<<snipped>> Read up on some reviews (watch out for the fake review sites), and ask the host for some examples of live stores to check the speed.

Be aware that a lot of hosts advertise "Magento hosting" even if it does nothing particular for Magento. It is just a marketing gimmick and you will be placed on the same servers as any other client.
    Last edited by Postbox; 02-13-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    ProperHost.com // Magento Hosting Experts since 2008
    Magento Optimized Hosting powered by CloudLinux, LiteSpeed Enterprise, Percona and LiteMage Cache
    Now also with Magento 2.0 Support!
    Premium Magento Hosting | Managed Magento Servers | Magento Cloud Servers

Magento needs more resource allocation and is not suitable for shared hosting environment. Also databases are more sensitive , if you run it on a shared hosting environment, there is higher probability to get it crashed.

Best option would be to get a vps and install magento. Depending on your requiremet/traffic, you can upgrade the vps later and would get the best performance for you.
    Mad about Hosting!!!!

What issue are you currently facing with your hosting provider?

If you are consuming too much resources on a normal shared hosting account, it is perfectly normal as Magento is a resource hog out of the box.

To run Magento smoothly, you should look into providers who provide a higher resource limit like CPU and Memory. You may also want to look for providers who place less accounts on their servers for better performance.

Besides that, you may want to consider a provider who is familiar with Magento so they will be able to provide you with assistance when you face any issues.

However, all the above will not come cheap so you may be looking at a provider with a slightly higher price than your average shared hosting.
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •