Question Should I go with EZPZ?

Hello,

For the past year I have had a reseller account with EZPZ, which I recently closed. I am looking for a new host (I don't mind if it is EZPZ again), but don't know who to go with.

EZPZ are great, they offer a lot of features with extremely reasonable prices. However everyone is aware of the current state of EZPZ, I personally believe it is a phase, which is why I do not mind becoming a customer again - because they will pull through. Although it could be rather risky at this time.

However, are there any other good hosts out there that offer somewhat similar features? I've looked at HostDime, however the only downside is the SSL certificates are not free, and InnoHosting seems good too but the quotas are slightly smaller.

So basically, should I go back to EZPZ, or find a new host? The question is, which? Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by thisisjack; 02-06-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisjack View Post
    Hello,

For the past year I have had a reseller account with EZPZ, which I recently closed. I am looking for a new host (I don't mind if it is EZPZ again), but don't know who to go with.

EZPZ are great, they offer a lot of features with extremely reasonable prices. However everyone is aware of the current state of EZPZ, I personally believe it is a phase, which is why I do not mind becoming a customer again - because they will pull through. Although it could be rather risky at this time.

However, are there any other good hosts out there that offer somewhat similar features? I've looked at HostDime, however the only downside is the SSL certificates are not free, and InnoHosting seems good too but the quotas are slightly smaller.

So basically, should I go back to EZPZ, or find a new host? The question is, which? Thank you for your time.
    ive been on a ton of hosts, GVH has been stellar so far!!

http://www.greenvaluehost.com/ssdresellerhosting.html

Whether you want to return to EZPZ is a decision only you can make. There's certainly been enough spoken about them lately to help you make that decision.

Is a free cert really that important? You can buy one for $10 at namecheap, or get a free one at startssl.

The new host I'll be moving to is more expensive than my current one, and worse, they don't offer whmcs. I'll have to buy a licence on my own. But I've decided that good service and performance is important to me, so I'll pay more. Decide what is most important to you, and it will make the choice of a new host pretty easy for you.

Host Dime looks solid but no overselling. Inno, has smaller plans... GVH looks decent price wise... I thought of giving them a try too but not a ton of reviews.. I like the cloud idea and 100& uptime guarantee.

GVH has tons of good reviews, also eleven2 have had some good ones recently. Ive used GVH vps and they have been solid, and also a friend uses there reseller package and cant fault it.

Hello,

Try to give EZPZ a bit more time if you can. But I think everyone will understand if you need to move on, even if just temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by xCubeHost View Post
    GVH has tons of good reviews
    Their ratio of reviews is close to 30:1.....30 bad reviews for every good review. Research.

A strong community is made up of strong individuals that provide solid referrals. Recommending a train-wreck devalues the community and puts the person looking for services on the weak side of a 50/50 ratio of a problem-free account.

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Their ratio of reviews is close to 30:1.....30 bad reviews for every good review. Research.

A strong community is made up of strong individuals that provide solid referrals. Recommending a train-wreck devalues the community and puts the person looking for services on the weak side of a 50/50 ratio of a problem-free account.
    Don't mind him, he has a personal issue against unlimited hosting providers and he bashes unlimited hosting provides blindly without thinking. All the statistics that he makes up about us is completely made up and his made up stories change from post to post, if you have not already noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    Don't mind him, he has a personal issue against unlimited hosting providers and he bashes unlimited hosting provides blindly without thinking. All the statistics that he makes up about us is completely made up and his made up stories change from post to post, if you have not already noticed.

Nothing to do with unlimited offerings. The issue is service and quality of responses to customers.

Hello,

Take a look at Innohosting.

They are launching new reseller features in the coming months - and according to the grapevine (read: Gossip) are likely to give their resellers a much more competitive edge.

I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post

It does not take alot of research to find out what a disaster GVH appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AHFBWEB View Post
    It does not take alot of research to find out what a disaster GVH appears to be.
    Ive used there VPS & web hosting for a long time, and i have yet to see / experience any bad experiences from them.

--

EZPZ are good yes, but like someone else has said, stick to one host and stay with them, clients do not like to be moved around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Very Old Geezer View Post
    Take a look at Innohosting.

They are launching new reseller features in the coming months - and according to the grapevine (read: Gossip) are likely to give their resellers a much more competitive edge.

I'll be keeping an eye on that.
    What are these new reseller features that you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheheat View Post
    Host Dime looks solid but no overselling..
    Overselling isn't always a good thing

Overselling is always a good thing for starters

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicWeb View Post
    Overselling is always a good thing for starters
    As long as one knows the difference between overselling and overloading.

Well if I say overselling helps most of the starters it would be more accurately put.

And when you are with or on overselling overload is quite a common thing. Its the mix of these both what matters.

But when you have a few clients you should really find a better solution

Honestly, lately I would not advise EZPZ, too much trouble, look elsewhere. Today, two servers are down, too many problems with them.

EZPZ is a great provider and it is up to you of you decide to try one more time or not. Apart from that, there are many good provider, you only need to check the offer section and make your own research.
    HostNurse.com - We Nurse & Babysit Your Websites!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    24/7 Support | cPanel | Softaculous | SEO Tools | RVSiteBuilder & More.

Currently i wouldn't buy from them, too many problems, as i write there slow server issues.

In their current state, I wouldn't be able to advise going with EZPZ. I just moved myself because I couldn't handle their unstable situation. I do really hope that it is just a phase and they pull out. Their price for everything they offer is phenomenal, but their performance isn't up to par.

As for which host to move to, I can't say. Personally, like others here, I've found that paying a little more has been more than worth it.

It is sad to read about the poor performance of their Reseller (shared) server platform
    As mentioned previously, I had this same issue after being with them for a few months, so requested they removed my accounts to a more reliable server which they did within 72 hours of the request being submitted

I have since moved them to their VPS-SSD server platform and not had any (major) issues since, and that is now six months

However, I have to agree about the quality of their Support service
    I have had several tickets where subsequent replies to clarify an issue have had to be made
    Equally, they have carried out (repair) maintenance without clarifying an issue and confirming the course of action required, but carrying it out anyway
    This issue has partially been corrected recently but one of my most recent tickets had corrective action carried out without my permission and/or reason given for what had caused the issue, the reason being given after two further requests

Therefore my advice would be NOT to use EZPZ Hosting if you are looking for them to also provide your Support Service (only available with their White Label Reseller accounts)
    You really need to be experienced in WHM / cPanel and able to respond to your own client Support requests
    Last edited by m8internet; 04-09-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    M8 INTERNET : Simple and cost effective website hosting from the UK
    M8 INTERNET : Google Ads Account Management

My first response to EZPZ is they should increase their pricing to cover some other expenses. They are actually offering a lot with a very minimum budget, hence becoming a "budget hosting" provider with the same quality of service day by day.

EZPZ needs more qualified support personals. I think this is the root of their support being poor. And also they should train them accordingly.

When a support issue raises, the tech who is responding in the ticket should analyse and examine the issue thoroughly, tell the customer what is causing the issue, what is the recommended action to fix it, fix the issue after confirmation and if they can't understand what it is, consult with someone superior.

But I doubt their techs follow these procedure.

That being said, in my opinion they are still one of the best service providers in terms of price for the services they offer.

It's really up to you, but EZPZ is not a bad host. They offer more than most reseller hosts - such as SSL's and a Free WHMCS License which would cost you the same as what you are paying monthly for the reseller hosting.

That said, it's a good host offering everything you will need to start hosting at a cost-effective price.

I agree with the others at one point EZPZ were top but now they are basically just a value host, who offer cheap products with the same quality products and support.

They've had a stupid amount of time now to fix the problems so I think this is potentially the best it's going to get (response times usually within a couple hours but always (90%) in 24hours) and servers that are okay, not the fastest, but not the slowest.

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    What are these new reseller features that you're referring to?
    I am not privy to the details and Rameen doesn't want the world and her dog to know until the offering is being ... er .. offered !

I heard it on the grapevine from a reliable horses mouth... cue song ...

You can't actually compare InnoHosting and EZPZ. EZPZ offers reseller hosting with ability to sell both WHM and cPanel accounts but InnoHosting offers resller hosting with ability to sell only cPanel accounts.

I think that at the beginning EZPZ was a great provider, now is really poor, and as such the quality of care that server, the sites are always slow and have a lot down, every day.

Think carefully about what you do.

Do not do this mistake, lately they services is bad..

I'd suggest to check another provider. Their service is bad now.
    ImpressHost Premium Web Hosting| USA, Franch and UK Location
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | cPanel/WHM | LiteSpeed Server | RAID 10
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - Daily Backups

Yes go with EZPZ if you want..

- Lots of downtime but still "99.9%" uptime statement
    - No reply to tickets
    - Lies in tickets when they do reply
    - Short uninformative replies to tickets, when they can bother to reply

Go with another provider. Their service and servers are really terrible at this point. They promised to improve but till now, not much improvements yet. Even right now, their us10 server is down and problematic. And it has been everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicWeb View Post
    InnoHosting offers resller hosting with ability to sell only cPanel accounts.
    Strictly speaking yes, and no.
    Innohosting provides resellers with discounted (25%) reseller accounts to purchase, and then resell them at your own price.

This means You get to resell the Reseller accounts that Innohosting sell.

Innohosting however will reduce your 25% profit margin when you begin to add end-user support etc. In my view, this is far from being competitive.

That might change considerably however, when Innohosting launch a new deal in the coming month(s). Other than that, I am in the dark as to what will transpire.

And, there is a further cost-penalty when comparing this model with say, a Master Reseller account; which, with EZPZ, you get to generate the Reseller Account for free - the master reseller generates the reseller account via WHM. The Master reseller then sells reseller accounts at a 100% profit.

The caveat to Master Reseller accounts is well documented in this forum. The potential to overload servers - which appears to be the current norm with EZPZ.

Master Reseller=Overload=Slow & Poor Service.

I would not recommend EZPZ, too much trouble, suspend accounts without warning, the servers are always down, do not respond to tickets, support really poor, not recommended

The caveat to Master Reseller accounts is well documented in this forum. The potential to overload servers - which appears to be the current norm with EZPZ.

This is true. But that is not a caveat affecting only master resellers.

There are plenty hosting providers who sell VPS and shared hosting with or without reseller hosting maintain heavily overloaded servers.

So, situation is the same whether you buy a master reseller or a reseller or a shared hosting or even VPS.

You can't actually be certain other than you purchase a dedicated server.

But then there are some who maintain a comfortable hosting environment despite selling shared hosting or VPS.

This.

Hosting servers go down/under-perform/are slow when they are loaded with too many accounts. And this whole 'master reseller' sham gives a hosting company zero control over just how many accounts exist on a server.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

That is true. But they can always define how many resellers and clients a master reseller can sell. A master reseller with unlimited everything is same as a reseller account with unlimited everything.

May be I am wrong, but I do not see any difference here.

Better yet, don't offer master resellers to start with. I (as with many people) have seen the consequences of master accounts...they often lead to a *big* headache trying to figure out who owns who and tracking down stray accounts with no valid owners.

Of course, it partially depends on the software you're using to manage these master resellers. I don't have much experience in the master reseller industry but I do know it can get very messy. Not worth the cost that hosting goes for these days imho.

I've give ezpzhosting more than enough chances over the past few months to sort their hosting out and I've finally had enough.

I'm going to leave a full review on its own thread but here's a couple of reasons why I'm leaving; web server performance is all over the show and we're talking 25 seconds plus load times, I'm tired of excuse after excuse. By the time their support guys actually answer your ticket in around 4 hours they say it all looks fine to me! Well that might be because there was an issue like...4 hours ago!

Anyway, in the meantime I need to find another host and fast.