Not very Swiftway

Has anyone ordered a dedicated from them for their Chicago DC? If so, how long did it take to get it? Their sales rep said 6-10 days. Today is the 10th BUSINESS day, and yesterday when we inquired on the progress, they said it would be next week before the hardware gets there! I don't know about you, but I guess I'm pretty spoiled with same day deployments with most hosts nowadays. Just seems to go against everything in their name and is not a good way to start off the relationship.

I think due to the nature of the hardware they provide (Latest E3 v3 and E5v3) they might be out of stock or there is a possibility that to reduce the costs they could be ordering the servers after the client has placed the order and thats causing the delay.

I guess their current setup time is 6-8 business days for E3 CPU servers. Did you order an E5 ? or a Dual E5 ?

That's pretty long to get you online. What do they say when you contact them about the delivery eta?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

We got the E3-1270v3. Invoice states: "Expected delivery lead time is 3 to 8 business days... Delivery lead time is not guaranteed, and may be affected by events beyond the control of Swiftway." And, we accepted that. Still though, I'm one for meeting or beating expectations. The only communication has come from us asking, not them offering anything like, "Hey, we're currently out of stock and it may take a few extra days to get this online." Would certainly go a long way especially when it's the first time we've dealt with this company based overseas. A little late now, though.
    Last edited by BirdBrained; 02-06-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Odd line break

We apologize for the delays in setup in Chicago. I do understand your frustration and we take to hearth your comment on proactive communication about potential delays.
    Currently we are developing a procedure, whereby our implementation team will update a client on expected delivery times and communicate in case the expected delivery time changes from the moment a order is marked as paid.
    Our standard (normal) delivery time is 2 to 5 business days, over the last few months we have received large amounts of orders, that stretched the delivery time beyond the standard delivery times. I understand that some providers deploy significantly faster, however Swiftway delivers a large amount of flexibility in hardware specifications - this does not allow us to deploy as fast as the majority of the dedicated server providers.
    We aim to launch new serverline, the ondemand dedicated servers, that has a limited amount of customization but will be always online within 2 hours, as we understand that some prospects and clients need fast delivery of servers.
    In short:

- We apologize sincerily on the delay and the lack of communication during setup.

We promise for the near future:

- A new procedure, whereby clients are kept up to date on delivery
    - A new, additional serverline, with less customization possibilities but delivery in 2 hours.

I sincerily hope we can prove to you in the future, that you made a good choice, by selecting Swiftway as your dedicated server partner. I do recognize this feels like a bad start of the business relationship.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Thanks, I appreciate the response. Followed up in PM. Looking forward to it.

I have had the same issue since last month, every time i contact them they respond with the same msg as the one you got. It would be nice to get updates or at least a solid ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozical View Post
    I have had the same issue since last month, every time i contact them they respond with the same msg as the one you got. It would be nice to get updates or at least a solid ETA.
    did you ever get your server yet

Quote Originally Posted by horsezip View Post
    did you ever get your server yet
    Not yet i was told it would be 3-6 when i contacted sales then after i ordered it turned into 6-8 and now im told it will be the 11th before the parts are in.

Not yet i was told it would be 3-6 when i contacted sales then after i ordered it turned into 6-8 and now im told it will be the 11th before the parts are in.
    what server did you order trying see if it's what we orded also

I ordered a E3-1270V3,32GB Ram

I ordered a E3-1270V3,32GB Ram
    we are waiting in the same thibg oh great

Quote Originally Posted by horsezip View Post
    we are waiting in the same thibg oh great
    I'll keep updating this post everytime i contact support

thanks
    very much

Thumbs down

So i told you guys i would keep you updated on my ventures with Swiftway. So i placed my order on 1/27/2014 was told the day before that it would be 3-6 days that was fine as that's the usual setup time. Then after my order was placed i was told it would be 3-8 days(Feb 11th) because of them ordering "parts", Now I'm told it will be the 13th or even longer they really don't know. At this point its not looking good.

I think it's best for you to move on, you should not have to wait that long for a server.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

wow thats too long for a server how much servers you ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by doserverscom View Post
    wow thats too long for a server how much servers you ordered?

Just a single E3 1270v3 32gb

I'm in the same boat for Chicago. I received an email yesterday apologising for the delay and a new ETA of Thursday (still not guaranteed). I'm prepared to wait for the server as I've used their services in NL (and still have servers there) and they're absolutely fantastic (support AND network wise).

If you really need it urgently, I'd suggest moving on, if not, It's definitely worth the wait and I like the fact that the rep acknowledged the issue and said how they will fix it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    I'm in the same boat for Chicago. I received an email yesterday apologising for the delay and a new ETA of Thursday (still not guaranteed). I'm prepared to wait for the server as I've used their services in NL (and still have servers there) and they're absolutely fantastic (support AND network wise).

If you really need it urgently, I'd suggest moving on, if not, It's definitely worth the wait and I like the fact that the rep acknowledged the issue and said how they will fix it in the future.
    Yea I'm going to wait until the 13th

We should now have catched up with all late deliveries, again apologies for the caused inconvenience.
    The procedure to continuously update a client during the implementation process has now been implemented, new orders should see our implementation team taking control and communicate delivery estimations and updates directly after the order&payment has been received.
    We have ordered a large batch of Instant Setup/On Demand servers and aim to have this new serverline available within several weeks from today.
    The new line offers guaranteed setup within 2 hours, at the cost of configurable options. We aim to reduce the setup times of the ondemand servers further during 2014 and make them available in all Swiftway dedicated server locations, including Miami, New York, California, Chicago and the Netherlands.
    Thank you for your patience during this period of late setup.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.