Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SSD Vps - in USA under $20

Im looking for a cloud vps ssd hosted in America for under 20$

Heres the thing. I found a few like digital ocean but the problem is they are restricted to 1 IPv4 .

I need 3 IPS im willing to pay for it because of SSL; I can't find any other host that is reliable that offers ssd and multiple IPS more than 2.

And also when i refer to cloud i would expect it to be redundant/failover and not some gimmick that relies on 1 box

To change my mind

Need your opinions and experience :

Do wordpress sites really benefit from SSD?

100%.Wordpress sites (any database drive sites) will have a great benefit from SSD hosting.

SSD Drives can read around 600 MBPS and write around 100 MBPS. This is almost 100 times faster than traditional drive.

So, for your question, that, Wordpress site can benefit from SSD, the answer is YES. If you also try CDN with SSD, that will be more effective.

Okay thanks Platinum -

Anyway for my req specs : 30 GB SSD 2 GB Ram.

Bear in mind that digitalocean 'cloud' is, as you describe a 'gimmick that relies on one box'

I just realized that and anyway digital ocean limits to 1 IP so there is no way i can host with them

Quote Originally Posted by elmohack View Post
    Heres the thing. I found a few like digital ocean but the problem is they are restricted to 1 IPv4 .

I need 3 IPS im willing to pay for it because of SSL; I can't find any other host that is reliable that offers ssd and multiple IPS more than 2.
    You can purchase 3 separate VPS ($5 each) from DigitalOcean.

Do wordpress sites really benefit from SSD?
    SSD really improves performance.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

I could but the problem is Whm license. which i can afford for 1 server only

Have you considered using alternative control panels that are free if that's the case? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...Control_Panels

I could but the problem is Whm license. which i can afford for 1 server only
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

I presume you can manually install cpanel there, but it might be simpler just looking for a cloud that offers SSD with pre-built cpanel templates (and no per VM IP address limits)

Lol im looking at your site atm

photonvps has cloud ssd vps at cheap price, but i have not tried them

Our testing shows that SSDs (and well-maintained and configured servers, of course) can increase page load speeds by around 300%. They're totally worth it.

Cloud will probably be the route to go - the deal breaker in your price range is probably going to be whether or not you want cPanel. Without it you should be able to snag a cloud or SSD VPS easily. Good luck!
    ▌▌ Andy Melichar | amelichar@a2hosting.com
    ▌▌ A2 Hosting - FAST WordPress Hosting
    ▌▌ Toll Free (USA/Canada): 1-888-546-8946 | International: +1 734-222-4678
    ▌▌ Celebrating 10 Years of Hosting

Every host is going SSD <<snipped>> but keep in mind when the visits start piling up it's CPU and RAM you will want more of. With good caching you will want everything running in RAM anyway which is still a lot faster than a SSD drive.

Bear in mind that digitalocean 'cloud' is, as you describe a 'gimmick that relies on one box'
    Pretty sure digitalocean is using openstack which would not be a one box solution.
    Last edited by bear; 02-06-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Mike Kauspedas - GearHost
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    Publish using Git, Visual Studio 2013 or FTP. Signup - No credit card required
    Personal blog www.mikesaysmeh.com

By 'one box' I mean that DO sell VPS, running on KVM virtualised single servers with local storage

Quote Originally Posted by dediserve View Post
    By 'one box' I mean that DO sell VPS, running on KVM virtualised single servers with local storage
    NO, I believe you are wrong. They are a cloud provider which means they have clustered hosts, not just single hosts running independently of each other. I think I was wrong about openstack though, looks like they developed their own cloud platform. So their VPS servers run on a "cloud" of clustered (for lack of a better term) KVM hosts.

No, they document themselves that there is no 'clustering', just like Rackspace, Linode, even AWS out of the box. Hence if a node / hypervisor has a problem, you have a problem

No, they document themselves that there is no 'clustering', just like Rackspace, Linode, even AWS out of the box. Hence if a node / hypervisor has a problem, you have a problem
    Do u have a link for where that is documented? I think you may be right.

I stand corrected, you are 100% right. I asked their support and they confirmed they are single nodes, running RAID 5 arrays of SSD, and if a node (physical server / host) goes down so does your "droplet" (vps). I think the only cloud feature they have is the scalability but even then it requires a reboot? They sound like a traditional VPS with SSD drives but they definitely market it as a cloud.

https://www.digitalocean.com/what-is-cloud-hosting

In their defense you can buy two droplets in different areas and then either cluster them or maybe keep a cool droplet ready. I'm not going to dig into how they allow clustering but I saw some help articles that referenced it.

Sorry, I missed your reply.

As you say its just vps, same as linode, etc, just cheaper and desktop grade SSD in raid 5. You can scale, but its a stop, image, respec and rebuild type of scaling (they say a disk resize takes an hour)

One thing is for sure, is that 'cloud' means different things to everyone who uses it, so it really is up to the buyer to make zero assumptions and ask the questions that are important to them!

Im with Dediserve on this. I asked them yesterday the two questions 1) Redundancy 2)Is it really clustered . From the answer i can gather its not a real cloud server just with some good backend its not clustered it relies on 1 server and if that fails than the server would go offline till fixed

Im really puzzled that alot of hosting companies keep using the word cloud when its just normal vps DA is not the only company that does this not about to point any fingers anyway.

Cloud is the new vps

Im with Dediserve on this. I asked them yesterday the two questions 1) Redundancy 2)Is it really clustered . From the answer i can gather its not a real cloud server just with some good backend its not clustered it relies on 1 server and if that fails than the server would go offline till fixed

Im really puzzled that alot of hosting companies keep using the word cloud when its just normal vps DA is not the only company that does this not about to point any fingers anyway.
    Scalability and redundancy is much better build on the app you're going to host than to rely on the provider to support these features.

With the price difference that these redundant providers provide you can usually get twice the performance without the redundancy and build redundancy yourself and on top of that you'll get twice the performance.

If you're going to rely on redundancy and scalability from your provider you're gonna have a bad time.

I have ~50 instances running at DO all on different hypervisors for more than a year and had zero disk failures.

Consumer grade SSD's have a shelf life, so I'd expect routine disk failures to become a 'feature' at DO in the next 12-24 months.

I'm pretty sure DO knows this and will replace SSD's after x months. You have the exact same problem in a redundant SAN tho after x months your ssd's will wear out.

DO snapshots are separate from the node, much like Rackspace. Honestly, if you're using DO, just snapshot frequently and redeploy when your node unrecoverably implodes (if it does). Of course, take backups for DR purposes too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast