Best host to run vBulletin 5 Connect

Hi

I am completely new to this. There are so many hosts and I have no idea who to chose.

My forum will have a lot of pictures so I am guessing it will require a lot of space.

Please can you let me know the best host to run Bulletin 5 Connect and suit my needs.

Many thanks

Any host can, who support 5.4 PHP version can run VBulletin 5.
    So it is better to elaborate your current needs. Disk Space, Location, bandwidth etc
    But as far as i know, Vbulletin 5 is resource hog and can not run on a shared hosting for a long time.
    Last edited by AskForHost; 02-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    ☆☆ AskForHost Web Hosting☆☆
    ►►Buffalo NY USA, Dallas USA, Amsterdam NL EU, London UK EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable VPS and Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Yeha normally a small boared run on shared hosting, but with my experience with it when the forum grows and gets alot of hits, you normally have to switch over to a vps, so maybe start with a low end vps and you can upgrade in the long term...

Thanks for the answers.

My friend use to run Vbullentin forum which has around 2000 users and about 900 online at one time. It had over 70,000 images on it.

I will be doing the same thing as he used to so I hope to get similar results.

So can you advise what I would need.

Also what I would need in terms Disk Space, Location, bandwidth

Thanks

how many visitor you have?
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

Ditching Vb 5 would be the first step in right direction.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    Ditching Vb 5 would be the first step in right direction.
    Haha, how come? Its a solid forum hosting software, it wouldn't be as popular as it is otherwise...

Is there no hosts which specialize in vbulletin hosting anyway?
    numbushosting maybe? I know they host a few big forums i think AV forums is one.

Quote Originally Posted by xCubeHost View Post
    Haha, how come? Its a solid forum hosting software, it wouldn't be as popular as it is otherwise...
    A bit behind times, eh?

Solid? Vb5 is not solid. It's a trainwhack. Check their own support forum. It won't take long to find out that Vb5 is a total failure in coding, features, bugs, and everything.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

I used to help out my mate with his and got

Quote Originally Posted by ServerSub View Post
    how many visitor you have?
    I used to help out on my mate's forum and it was over 50,000

vBulletin offers cloud hosting, they will upgrade everything for you when a new version comes out.

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbulletin-cloud

VB3 could probably handle that type of load. I run a current forum that's gaming related, but it doesn't really host that many pictures. The site used to be VB4.2. At about 200 or so active users I was maxing out a shared hosting environments resources. We then migrated our site to IPB. With very little differences setup-wise our resource usage was cut in half. Now we have about doubled in size and now are having to consider moving to a VPS environment. So going with VB you will have to change your environment much faster especially if you plan to use any VB software versions 4+. As said by others, it really does hog resources more than other software out there.

So, if you are new I would suggest a cheaper Managed VPS to start out. Starting out I would say perhaps a cpu core or 2 and perhaps 2 gigs of ram. Since you are aiming to host lots of pictures I would get the best investment of your currency on HDD space. A decent place to start looking is right here in the offers section.