Found someone buying WHT shill accounts

I'm part of a semi-private forum (requires a registration fee) and there is a user that is heavily involved in a hosting company. He's buying WHT accounts (older the better) I assume to shill or talk crap about other hosts.

How can I report this to the right person? I have no real interest in any of this stuff, I just hate shills.

Open a ticket with WHT staff here http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Done, thanks. No idea if WHT cares or not but I've provided them the information and will leave it up to them.

Shilling is a very serious issue, they'll definitely take action should your accusations be valid and backed with evidence.

Thanks for taking the time to sign up regarding this - helps improve our community
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

I'd love to know who this is! And to be honest, it sounds a pretty desperate business plan to me!

Oh my. Too bad not selling my WHT account ;-)
    ML
    ... from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by t60000 View Post
    Done, thanks. No idea if WHT cares or not but I've provided them the information and will leave it up to them.
    They will care, good mods here who won't allow that, so hopefully they get found out.

Hope so. Ticket is still opened and I saw that an account has transferred hands (i.e., sold). No details of the username, but I assume the seller is using the same alias as the one in the forum.

I've updated the ticket and just waiting to see if they want to do anything else about it.

All infractions are taken pretty seriously here.

Years ago I once registered an account and then didn't use it for several more years.

Years later I start a company with a friend, forget that I had an account here and then I signed up again.

Days later I was informed that I was in breech of rules and a mod contacted me personally to decide which account to keep.

With that in mind, I suspect the selling of accounts would be a very serious issue.

It's kind of you to take the time to let everyone know.

David Man
    www.openitc.co.uk - We create, we host, we connect - Fully Managed VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    www.direvps.com - When nothing but price matters! - Brutal marketing for a brutal market!

Good to hear. I guess either way they will find out who it is. I saw some requests for the company but I don't think it's nice to talk bad about a company when I might not have all the facts down. I don't want to stoop down to their level

I saw some requests for the company but I don't think it's nice to talk bad about a company when I might not have all the facts down.
    If somebody is even thinking about doing that then the community should be made aware. It's completely unethical.....and speaks volumes about the "company" in question.

Having said that.....even if somebody started shilling with a year 2000 account, their credibility would still be questioned because nobody would know them.

And if the username was known and established, then a lot of regulars here would pick up on the fact that they'd be sounding totally different to what they used to.

Hope so. Ticket is still opened and I saw that an account has transferred hands (i.e., sold). No details of the username, but I assume the seller is using the same alias as the one in the forum.

I've updated the ticket and just waiting to see if they want to do anything else about it.
    We are watching

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    We are watching
    That's Mouse talk for they are screwed but we will play with them for a bit.

P.S, wonder how much you can get for an 11 year old account