Thread: Hostdime issues

Hostdime issues

Anyone use HostDime? They have pretty decent support but over the last months the server has been the victim of a DDoS attack. I understand due to the shared nature but it's gotten to the point I'm loosing customers right and left. Just today, troubleshooting an issue and bang...it got hit again so now I have to say we are having issues and the customers are always like I knew it was on your side. It just sucks. Do other providers have the same issue? I don't know if it's Hostdime or what but I have never had a sever under attack for this long on and off and I m not providing any level of service to my customers. I can't migrate off because its under attack all the time. They don't let resellers migrate to another reseller server.

@htechhost, We apologize about any issues that you may have had. Is there a way you can provide me with details regarding a ticket you may have open so that I can work with our technical support team to try and get you a resolve? I will await your reply.
    | Alex Font | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

There's really not any ticket other than the constant DDoS attacks on 178. I would say support has been good but the server crawls most days and up and down when it's really getting hit. There's really nothing they can do besides find out who is being attacked and remove them and looks like they haven't been able to do that.

I understand it is shared but I'm starting to have a real difficult time with my customers complaining. Are all the servers constantly being hit with DDoS attacks or do I have really bad luck. It was ok for about a year until it picked up around Nov 13. I have a couple people who I host for free on the server and they even said they are done with it and they don't pay me!

@htechhost Can you PM me some personal info so I can locate your account and/or open a Live Chat with our team asking for me? I would love to look further into the issues and work with you to find a resolve that will end with you getting the services you both expect and deserve. I will await your reply and thank you in advance for your extended patience.
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters

PM Sent! Thanks!

Thank you so much! I already opened an internal ticket for you to discuss the issues further and I look forward to assisting you in getting the underlying issue(s) resolved. Have a great day!

Thanks to Alex and team at HostDime and stepping up to find a solution! Thank you so much!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by htechhost View Post
    Anyone use HostDime? They have pretty decent support but over the last months the server has been the victim of a DDoS attack. I understand due to the shared nature but it's gotten to the point I'm loosing customers right and left. Just today, troubleshooting an issue and bang...it got hit again so now I have to say we are having issues and the customers are always like I knew it was on your side. It just sucks. Do other providers have the same issue? I don't know if it's Hostdime or what but I have never had a sever under attack for this long on and off and I m not providing any level of service to my customers. I can't migrate off because its under attack all the time. They don't let resellers migrate to another reseller server.
    @htechhost: That is great for listening that your problem is solved. I suffered as well and loosing clients also with the problem with 178dime and i can say i fully understand you.

The problem now with me (after the DDos attack and server slow downs) is that a faced some dns problems and google cannot verify-crawl-fetch any of my sites that are in 178dime. did you face same problems ?
    i am seriously thinking of changing company but i want to give a last try to their services

Thanks in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by web5gr View Post
    i am seriously thinking of changing company but i want to give a last try to their services

Thanks in advanced.
    Did you contact them already about this? or PM Alex?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Did you contact them already about this? or PM Alex?
    Thank you for your post, of course days before, now i try to PM Alex, i spend a lot of time try to solved all these problems. This forum is my last try to find out if the willing to help me with the hosting problems.

Thanks again mate

@web5gr Thank you for your patience. I recently updated your most recent ticket and our admins are reviewing once again. From my understanding, your previous requests were something that we simply could not proceed with given the fact that you are on a shared environment and the changes could affect everyone else on the server which would not be fair.

Either way, as mentioned in the ticket, we have our techs reviewing your case again and we will keep you posted. We appreciate your business and hope that you have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by htechhost View Post
    There are quite some web host now that offers CloudFlare protection on their hosting plans. That would help to protect your website as well from these type of cases.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

As a provider there is not much that you can do if you are hit by some large scale DDoS, unless you decide to spend some significant amount of cash into getting protection. It's just another sad truth. Maybe you could ask them to move your account to a different server.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

Hello all, moving to another server it was one of 1st request but this is not possible, and the results from reviewing again my problems does not bring any solution. At this time all my sites are up you can also try if you want some of them
    freshideas com gr
    web5 gr
    boukisway gr

but google web master tools detect dns problem and slow times from time to time and therefore unverified freshideas.com.gr and cannot 'fetch as google' all othersites.

Can you guys help me out if you can check (i am not familiar with those tools) the health of my DNS records servers that those domain have ??.

thanks again .
    Best regards Makis

Maybe i close to solution (hope)

after double check sitemaps, robots, htaccess, scan for hacking etc etc i found a post in productforums.google.com/forum, where a guy faced same problem with me but with Godaddy host, getting a 320 http error as my sites also (checked with online tool [web-sniffer net].

The Reason was the below

"After much research, it turned out to be the use of virtual directories causing 302's. By putting domains in sub folders of central domains, (to save money) an instantaneous redirect occurred by necessity. A redirect that Google's crawlers can recognize, and don't like. "

So i think the 302 that i take also is form putting me in vrtual folders that why i see also those strange 5 characters at the end of my urls and i ask for them via Ticket (Ticket 920326) if an upgrade solve this problem as the post that i enclose one.

the 2nd thought is to be that redirection from the time of big Ddos attack in this case we must see what we can do because google is sure that this 302 not like it at all and it is possible withiout verification to manage my sites via webmaster tools.

i will keep inform you....

Below is the whole message of the post that i found

"Ok, I've figured out my 302 redirect problem with Google Webmaster Tools and GoDaddy. As I said in a post above, I suspected that it had to do with hosting options with GoDaddy.

This is not the first time I've run into this kind of situation. A few years ago I worked with a woman who owned a server farm. We had a similar problem on another domain. After much research, it turned out to be the use of virtual directories causing 302's. By putting domains in sub folders of central domains, (to save money) an instantaneous redirect occurred by necessity. A redirect that Google's crawlers can recognize, and don't like.

So, without thinking, when I selected the "Economy Hosting" from GoDaddy for my customer to save them money, it constantly kicked back 302 redirect errors on my Google sitemap. I called and spoke with GoDaddy, and the tech agreed with my summation above. (They are creating virtual directories on central domains when you select "Economy Hosting". I don't fault GoDaddy - this is not uncommon in the industry, and is a way to provide more affordable hosting. I just wish this was spelled out somewhere on their site before I went down this rabbit trail.

Bottom line, I upgraded my hosting from "Economy" to "Deluxe" - waited 48 hours, and as if by magic my domain is now wide open. No more strange five character sub folder redirects.

Google is now happy, and sitemap works perfectly. (As do all my other Deluxe accounts with GoDaddy) I used (web-sniffer net) to sniff my site before and after. The after is perfect, the before showed the five character sub folder redirect.

If anyone else has repeated this fix, I would like to know if this fixes their problem as well. As an aside, it did take the entire 48 hours they quoted me to make the domain properly accessible.

Hope this helps."

bye