Windows VPS Server Question

This may be a stupid question, but please bare with me.

I have Win 2012 D.C edition and is there any other way to run VPS on here with out using HyperV?

Also, this is a windows thread...does cPanel have a control panel for Win.? I read about something regarding this but I cant find it.

Last question:
    Without using a Cloud infrastructure... is there a way to install both Linux and Windows on the same machine as VPS?

vmware ......
    WebSitePanel/ MspControl / SolidCP / Smartermail / Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting / Migrations
    Windows Server Management / Security / Hardening
    I speak English and Spanish

This is cpanel's Win version.
    http://enkompass.cpanel.net/

Also, look at websitepanel, it's been the defacto win CP for a while. http://www.websitepanel.net/

If you want to run the virtual machine in Windows without Hyper-V you would have to use something like Virtual Box.

Yes, you can run a Windows and linux virtual machine on the same Windows host.

Why don't you want to use Hyper-V or will it not install because the host is a VPS itself? If so I wouldn't recommend running virtual servers within virtual servers.
    Mike Kauspedas - GearHost
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    Publish using Git, Visual Studio 2013 or FTP. Signup - No credit card required
    Personal blog www.mikesaysmeh.com

Quote Originally Posted by jackpx View Post
    vmware ......
    What edition? I have never used vmware before and when I visited there website, there's a lot of choices.

Yes, Vmware can run both Windows (any edition) and Linux.
    OISSite.com
    VMware Cloud Hosting, High Availability, Clustering, Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions, VMware Dedicated and Managed Servers, Linux and Windows VPS, Windows, cPanel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
    What edition? I have never used vmware before and when I visited there website, there's a lot of choices.
    You would have to rebuild the server with vmware, it doesn't run within Windows unless you there desktop version. But VirtualBox is free if you go that route.

I'm sorry I misread the question. VMware cannot be installed on top of Windows. It needs to be installed on the server first, then you will be able to run Windows and Linux on top of it.
    there is free version at vmwware.com
    OISSite.com
    VMware Cloud Hosting, High Availability, Clustering, Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions, VMware Dedicated and Managed Servers, Linux and Windows VPS, Windows, cPanel.

VirtualBox seems really great.. especially since its free.

Can it install ontop of Win 2012 server? or the other way around?

The documents only refer to installing it on top of XP, etc...There's no mention of Win 2012 server. (at least I didn't see any)

Would Virtualbox be stable enough to run a working version of Centos << production version, meaning to resell services and run Win. 2012 Server @ the same time?

It should work fine on Win2012. I would not use it in production. For production virtualization you need a dedicated hypervisor. Hyper-V, Vmware, KVM, Xen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
    Last question:
    Without using a Cloud infrastructure... is there a way to install both Linux and Windows on the same machine as VPS?
    You can install Hyper-V and set up both Windows & Linux VPS on the server.
    Hyper-V is a Windows feature. I'm not sure why you don't want to use it and look for other way to run VPS?
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise