Quickpacket review (3 months)

I jumped on board to Quickpacket back at the start of November with hopes to run a friendly game server.
    ETA of the server was 2 business days if I recall correctly and I ordered on a friday evening (late). I expected to get the server possibly the following tuesday or wednesday.
    What surprised me was getting an unexpected email around lunch time Saturday with my server login details. (less than 24hrs and not even a business day!)
    Very impressed already.

Support has been beyond acceptable.
    Fast to reply to initial email's with questions (before ordering) and very fast replies to tickets submitted.
    In their ticket system they inform you that billing tickets are only answered during business hours, when in fact they actually answered a couple billing questions after hours. Amazing.

QP has, from my experience, a very friendly and professional staff.

I suffered a DDoS attack my first month in and they quickly null routed my ips. Thankfully never got any overage charges. Submitted a ticket when I was made aware of the attack (they sent me an email the second they null routed, but didn't see it until after I woke up).

Things were going great. Server was running smoothly with -zero- downtime/lag, except for the DDoS of course, until last night when I was again DDoS'd. Again, they quickly null routed.

I submitted a ticket again when I was available, but they informed me that this time before they allow access again I would have to agree that I would be closing any services that were the target of the DDoS. I agreed and was given access.

They don't offer DDoS mitigation (which I knew) and mitigation is well beyond my price range. Too bad because in just that short 3 month time frame I had a nice game server that many people enjoyed. The server was in the top 20 for the game on gametracker for quite some time. It was always a full server during peak hours, and even had a large number of players during offpeak hours.

The thing that blew me away, was the fact that they allowed me to continue with the server as long as I either killed the game or purchased (3rd party of my choosing) DDoS protection.
    As far as I'm concerned that earned an A+ for customer support.
    Some may disagree, most will not, but I've read a lot of horror stories (NOT from quickpacket) regarding DDoS's; overage charges and instant cancellations, both of which were not the outcome in my case.

My sole purpose was the game server, so I had to cancel service with QP.
    I'm very upset I do not need their services at this time because they are top shelf in my book.

Kudos to you QP for handling my situation very professionally.

Comments and/or questions appreciated.

Good to hear a detailed and realistic review. It's also refreshing to see people like you knowing how to properly react and handle DDOS attacks. Some users will even blame their providers because of DDOS attacks which is stupid.

Kudos to QP. Great job providing an excellent service.

Great review.

Quick Packet is one of those few hosts which really provide hight quality fast, professional n friendly support clubbed with lovely pricing , specs n awesome network.

We hav had a box with them in the past and i must agree they deserve 11/10 !
    Last edited by XiNiX; 02-04-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since 2005 ) : Quality Hosting @ Your Price !
    [ US/NL/IN ] Shared Hosting ♦ WHM Reseller ♦ VPS ♦ Dedicated Servers
    █ Included »» WHMCS ♦ SSL ♦ Domains ♦ IPMI ♦ SolusVM »» Visit Us Now

Quote Originally Posted by KevinM822 View Post
    I jumped on board to Quickpacket back at the start of November with hopes to run a friendly game server.
    ETA of the server was 2 business days if I recall correctly and I ordered on a friday evening (late). I expected to get the server possibly the following tuesday or wednesday.
    What surprised me was getting an unexpected email around lunch time Saturday with my server login details. (less than 24hrs and not even a business day!)
    Very impressed already.

Support has been beyond acceptable.
    Fast to reply to initial email's with questions (before ordering) and very fast replies to tickets submitted.
    In their ticket system they inform you that billing tickets are only answered during business hours, when in fact they actually answered a couple billing questions after hours. Amazing.

QP has, from my experience, a very friendly and professional staff.

I suffered a DDoS attack my first month in and they quickly null routed my ips. Thankfully never got any overage charges. Submitted a ticket when I was made aware of the attack (they sent me an email the second they null routed, but didn't see it until after I woke up).

Things were going great. Server was running smoothly with -zero- downtime/lag, except for the DDoS of course, until last night when I was again DDoS'd. Again, they quickly null routed.

I submitted a ticket again when I was available, but they informed me that this time before they allow access again I would have to agree that I would be closing any services that were the target of the DDoS. I agreed and was given access.

They don't offer DDoS mitigation (which I knew) and mitigation is well beyond my price range. Too bad because in just that short 3 month time frame I had a nice game server that many people enjoyed. The server was in the top 20 for the game on gametracker for quite some time. It was always a full server during peak hours, and even had a large number of players during offpeak hours.

The thing that blew me away, was the fact that they allowed me to continue with the server as long as I either killed the game or purchased (3rd party of my choosing) DDoS protection.
    As far as I'm concerned that earned an A+ for customer support.
    Some may disagree, most will not, but I've read a lot of horror stories (NOT from quickpacket) regarding DDoS's; overage charges and instant cancellations, both of which were not the outcome in my case.

My sole purpose was the game server, so I had to cancel service with QP.
    I'm very upset I do not need their services at this time because they are top shelf in my book.

Kudos to you QP for handling my situation very professionally.

Comments and/or questions appreciated.
    I'm sorry it didn't work out in light of the DDoS issue, but we appreciate your business nonetheless.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting