What backup setup do you have in place?

Hi, I am just wondering what would you normally have for a backup system?

I would like to know how do you handle the issues of upgrading your servers OS's to the newest latest OS version? Same goes with server software etc. What kind of backup system do you have in place? do you manually back things up? Or do you have a raid system that mirrors each hard drive?

I am starting out in the business and need to design a backup system. Where if one server for some reason goes offline. I have a backup that is right in place, and ready to be utilized.

I just would like to know what are the standards in this business for a backup system. I have an ups system and a generator. I have multiple servers with 12 SAS hard drives setup in a raid system. I have it setup to use 2 hard drives each one for usage and the other as a backup. Also, I manually backup the sysem. I divide the system backup from the clients information or website data. I back those up on another external hard drive. I have NAS hard drives for the storage of the clients website or webfiles etc.

I just would like to know what do you guys use and what is usually the standard in such an industry to take care of these issues or problems.

Hope for the best

Nah, just kidding. For backups, we run daily, monthly, and weekly backups that are syndicated to a remote server. Then we back up once more, just so we can be 100% sure that we're not missing any data.

We use our own off site FTP backup servers with cPanel.

We also offer R1Soft to all our customers as a service and its fairly popular plus we backup all our shared hosting servers with R1Soft. Its more expensive but it is the best protection for a bare bone server restore and a simple single file restore.
    | Buzy Bee Hosting, LLCsales@bzybhosting.com★Dedicated★KVM VPS★
    | Self/Fully Managed★ Shared Hosting★cPanel®★ 99.9% uptime★
    | Softaculous★ CMS hosting★ SSL Certs★ Idera CDP Backup, FTP Backup

rsync based options are the best IMO. We have cpanel server which use cpremote and offsite backups are created on remote server.

We also offer r1soft on our servers.
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. [ USA - UK - NL - SG - IN ] : 15+ Years of Service ( Since 2005 )
    ♦ ♦ Super Special Offers
    Cloud Server Range in INDIA
    ( Budget / High RAM / Dedicated CPU ) > [ www.istack.in ]

There are lot of backup options. Some of the backup options are r1soft, cpbackup, cpremote etc.

Depending on your requirement, you can choose appropriate methods.