WHMCS Support - What the hell?

Anyone else had issues with WHMCS support recently along the lines of randomly closing your account with them when submitting a support request?

I've been submitting tickets using one of our 8 accounts (different brands, etc) for a while now and have provided the license key from whatever system i'm referring to as this is something they have previously requested. This has been working fine for a while now with no issues.

Today I submit a ticket as I may have found a potential bug that's allowing customers to order services while paying 90% less than the marked price. I'm sure you can imagine this is somewhat concerning.

What reply do I receive?

"The license XXXXXX is registered to the account XXXX@XXXX.com.
    Kindly re-submit your support request from that account, along with access details to your WHMCS installation and server. Please also include the order ID in question so we may investigate.

As there are no active licences under this account, I will close it to avoid any further confusion."

So I'm now locked out of our original WHMCS account that has historical tickets we refer to every so often.

"No client account was found with the email address you entered"

Anyone else seeing similar behaviour from WHMCS or am I getting the extra special creamy sauce treatment on my own?
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think there are many people sending support request related to others accounts.

I've personally never done that.

I would say it is totally fine and expected to have an account closed if it not associated to a service
      0 Not allowed!

I know what you're saying and going for, but it's kinda weird they'd say to an account that xxxx license is registered to xxx@xxx.com email. What if you were a antagonistic employee? Now you'd know the account it's registered to.
    █ █ █
      1 Not allowed!

They've seen sense and re-opened that account.
      0 Not allowed!

Not sure this even needed to be posted here ?
      0 Not allowed!

Not a bad security feature. If I found your license key and started spamming them to close the account, it may end up bad. Just removing one more option of human error.
      0 Not allowed!

Today I submit a ticket as I may have found a potential bug that's allowing customers to order services while paying 90% less than the marked price. I'm sure you can imagine this is somewhat concerning.
    I am more concerned about this. Could you please update us about it? Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

Yikes Martin, that is horrible to go though, and I've never had that before when I submitted a ticket, however I've only got one account with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RBurns View Post
    Not a bad security feature. If I found your license key and started spamming them to close the account, it may end up bad. Just removing one more option of human error.
    Well remember the ?licensedebug command on a install and you had everything in view from the License Key, date last called home, version etc. Now that would be hackers heaven if they did what you said, thankfully they removed it in 5.2 I think.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    For security reasons and to verify support eligibility, support requests must be submitted from the account to which the licence belongs.

Sometimes clients end up with multiple accounts and mistakenly submit support requests from the wrong account, so to avoid further confusion this is not an unreasonable step to take.

However I'm pleased to see that once you explained to our staff you still required the old account, we were able to re-open it for you.

Please ensure you use the correct account when submitting support requests in future. If you have any further feedback, we welcome it on our company forum: http://forum.whmcs.com/forumdisplay.php?10-Feedback
    WHMCS
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    Documentation | Help Guides
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RBurns View Post
    Nothing to do with security - the account in question was in use relatively regularly. I also provided a valid license key with each request.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    I am more concerned about this. Could you please update us about it? Thank you.
    Worked out it was due to a known bug relating to anniversary and pro-rata billing

Quote Originally Posted by WHMCS-John View Post
    Hi,
    For security reasons and to verify support eligibility, support requests must be submitted from the account to which the licence belongs.

Sometimes clients end up with multiple accounts and mistakenly submit support requests from the wrong account, so to avoid further confusion this is not an unreasonable step to take.

However I'm pleased to see that once you explained to our staff you still required the old account, we were able to re-open it for you.

Please ensure you use the correct account when submitting support requests in future. If you have any further feedback, we welcome it on our company forum: http://forum.whmcs.com/forumdisplay.php?10-Feedback
    Well, your lead techs and developers didn't have problems with me submitting tickets from that account previously and subsequently. I can only presume this is a new thing you've brought in. I still think the immediate closure of that account was unwarranted and a very harsh response to what appeared to be a very serious bug/issue.

I did report this thread to the mods to have it closed when the problem was resolved to avoid any further 'trash' but alas, that hasn't happened yet.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin-D View Post
    I did report this thread to the mods to have it closed when the problem was resolved to avoid any further 'trash' but alas, that hasn't happened yet.
    Sometimes it takes us a little while to handle all the requests that come in each day but, eventually, we do.
      0 Not allowed!