Best control panel for non-reseller web-hosting?

I am currently in the process of setting up a VPS to be a production server for a single website, with large amounts of traffic expected. I would like to have multi-user support, but it does not need reseller support as any users will be developers for the single website. As I have heard that it allows more simultaneous connections, I would like for it to have NGINX support as I will only have to prepare one website to be hosted with NGINX.

I've been looking at Ajenti, OpenPanel, Virtualmin, and Webmin. I would appreciate any suggestions that may be given.

Hi,

ISPConfig 3 is an open source hosting control panel for Linux which supports NGINX.

With best regards,
    BestServerSupport | Outsourced Hosting Support and Server Management Service Provider
    WHM/CPanel | HyperV Virtualization | Plesk | WebsitePanel | Windows VPS | OnAPP Cloud | Virtuzoo
    Helpdesk Support | Cloud Administration | Dedicated Support | VPS Support

With a single website and presumably user authentication through the website application, what are you hoping to gain by using a control panel?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    With a single website and presumably user authentication through the website application, what are you hoping to gain by using a control panel?
    Allowing development staff access to website files.

if you want paid panels and have budget then go for cPanel/WHM or Directadmin. And if you want free panels then there are kloxo, zpanel. kloxo is better in my choice.

my suggestion is to use virtualmin, it's open source and stable
    HalfDedi.com Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

I think if you need to use a control panel get a good one like Cpanel. I would not use anything else at all but Cpanel. I've heard of nginx but I am personally not a fan. I rather use Apache. Never tried nginx before, but I've been using Apache since day one and never had any problems with it at all.

I've been using http://vestacp.com/

Good little panel, moved to it from kloxo and is alot faster

Quote Originally Posted by HosteUK View Post
    I've been using vestacp.com/

Good little panel, moved to it from kloxo and is alot faster
    How often are there updates for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmann View Post
    Click on https://forum.vestacp.com/ then go to updates.
    cPanel, CloudLinux, Softaculous ℵ Off Site Backups, Redundant DNS

Updates are posted via their forum's. It has improved since the first time i tested it when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    And if you want free panels then there are kloxo, zpanel. kloxo is better in my choice.
    Not a good choice. There were critical security issues in Kloxo and there are 291 bugs reported as per their issue tracker. Many of them were reported over 2+ years. Refer other WHT thread of recent Kloxo exploit.
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

Plesk with nginx support in PowerUser mode(no resellers, subscriptions, service plans, etc.) can be used for your purposes.

I am currently in the process of setting up a VPS to be a production server for a single website, with large amounts of traffic expected. I would like to have multi-user support, but it does not need reseller support as any users will be developers for the single website. As I have heard that it allows more simultaneous connections, I would like for it to have NGINX support as I will only have to prepare one website to be hosted with NGINX.

I've been looking at Ajenti, OpenPanel, Virtualmin, and Webmin. I would appreciate any suggestions that may be given.
    I think what you're looking for is ServerPilot. It uses nginx. I've got one DigitalOcean droplet using ServerPilot and it's crazy fast. It doesn't have multi-user support yet but they say they're going to add that. The top plans are way too expensive but they have a free plan and an ok priced plan. I've only needed the free plan.

Do you actually need a panel?

Installing LEMP usually works better

I'd recommend a panel only when you have to manage multiple sites/DB.

Setting up LEMP is actually easier then it sounds, and probs takes the same time as a cPanel Install

Quote Originally Posted by startpage View Post
    I think what you're looking for is ServerPilot. It uses nginx. I've got one DigitalOcean droplet using ServerPilot and it's crazy fast. It doesn't have multi-user support yet but they say they're going to add that. The top plans are way too expensive but they have a free plan and an ok priced plan. I've only needed the free plan.
    I'll hold off on that. Multiuser support is a requirement for my main project. Thanks though, I'll look into it for my home server that I use for my personal projects.

If all you need is multiple people to access the files for the website I would also question why you need a panel.

Just set them up with SCP access to download/upload files - so simply create the required users, generate ssh keys for them and job done.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by NetworkArray View Post
    Do you actually need a panel?

Installing LEMP usually works better

I'd recommend a panel only when you have to manage multiple sites/DB.

Setting up LEMP is actually easier then it sounds, and probs takes the same time as a cPanel Install
    I do require a panel. I will be running three sites that I know of on this server, I need easy database access, and I need multiuser compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    If all you need is multiple people to access the files for the website I would also question why you need a panel.

Just set them up with SCP access to download/upload files - so simply create the required users, generate ssh keys for them and job done.
    They need to have easy access to databases, and emailing. A panel provides that.

A panel provides an admin and or user interface to applications - and yes, sometimes it makes sense to have the overhead of managing some sort of panel and sometimes it doesn't.

Once again, it comes down to how many people, how much trust.

The more people and less trust the higher the need for a way of managing (as in a panel).

That being said, for a lightweight panel to manage the basics VestaCP is my personal choice these days.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes

I also recommend ISPmanager. This software has alternatives to whmcs, dns only, Virtualization Platforms and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailash12 View Post
    Not a good choice. There were critical security issues in Kloxo and there are 291 bugs reported as per their issue tracker. Many of them were reported over 2+ years. Refer other WHT thread of recent Kloxo exploit.
    We've just had a string of updates. Kloxo is purportedly up to snuff on security updates and the project is active again. It's starting to look very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonate View Post
    We've just had a string of updates. Kloxo is purportedly up to snuff on security updates and the project is active again. It's starting to look very good.
    Given all the reported security issues with Kloxo - can you provide more info as to whm completed a security Audit on this software - would be interested to read up and verify that it has in fact been made secure.

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    Given all the reported security issues with Kloxo - can you provide more info as to whm completed a security Audit on this software - would be interested to read up and verify that it has in fact been made secure.
    Here are the release notes for the past 4 updates. As you can see, 5 security patches have been applied, as well as a number of bug fixes and enhancements.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50/release.jpg

All of those 4 updates have been released within the past 2 weeks.

http://project.lxcenter.org/news/

I expect more before long.

If you are using the server as only a production server, I prefer,just need not require any controlpanel. Just use scp or ftp for developers.

Is there any good panel for nginx reverse proxy + apache + php-fpm ?
    I own a wordpress blog with about 500PV per day.

I tried vesta control panel, it's not good on my server, it use huge resource, it open many php-cgi and does not close it, it use all 2GB ram + 2GB swap in my digital ocean server, if I use mod_php it will use all my 2GB ram. The new relic report just 0.05 apdex, I believe it may need a 32gb ram dedicate server to run vesta.

I tried serverpilot, but I just got a white page in after I move my wordpress to it. (I will try again later, it may be my problem)
    In long term, I think I may got trouble if their company close someday.

Is there any other panel support nginx as a reverse proxy?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-V...-I/php-cgi.png
    Vesta is too hungry to eat up all available memory (with default setting)

Quote Originally Posted by HostForceSuppport View Post
    If you are using the server as only a production server, I prefer,just need not require any controlpanel. Just use scp or ftp for developers.
    But a control panel will give you a lot by allowing customers to do self-administration. I can't imagine running a hosting business without a control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by BestServerSupport View Post
    Hi,
    ISPConfig 3 is an open source hosting control panel for Linux which supports NGINX.
    If this control panel is lightweight and secure then it should be considered, as seems like it will do exactly what the OP needs.
    http://www.ispconfig.org/

Four Access Levels
    Administrator
    Reseller
    Client
    Email Login
    Anyone here tested this one, known RAM memory footprint?

Quote Originally Posted by enterpr1se View Post
    Is there any good panel for nginx reverse proxy + apache + php-fpm ?
    I own a wordpress blog with about 500PV per day.
    Plesk has support of nginx reverse proxy + apache + php-fpm. Additionally WordPress support will be dramatically improved in upcoming Plesk 12 version.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorG View Post
    Plesk has support of nginx reverse proxy + apache + php-fpm. Additionally WordPress support will be dramatically improved in upcoming Plesk 12 version.
    Wordpress is okay with plesk now. IPSconfig is not good with reseller access.