Reliable Windows VPS?

Hello,

I am unhappy with my current VPS provider FSData, and looking for a reliable one.

I need Windows becuase of custom software (for example custom dns server), and a lot of .Net web stuff.

Requirements:
    • Good service!
    • Reliable!
    • Windows 2008 or newer, preferably newest (2012 r2?)
    • Single core is OK but dual preferable
    • 2GB memory
    • 20GB storage (ssd not required - low disk activity)
    • Bandwith not sure, but not much
    • Managed (I don't want to do windows updates etc)
    • Remote dekstop
    • FTP
    • Preferably some kind of warning if it gets overloaded, or disk runs out etc
    • Preferably europe, bonus for Sweden

And price as low as possible, meeting these requirements. Currently paying about $60/m for the package above.

Regards,
    Johnny Seven

Also, bonus help for anyone out there, a mini review of FSData VPS:
    They are kicking me out, becuase the hardware they put my vps on is too old even though i was sold it just over a year ago, giving me just a months or twos notice to migrate to their new more expensive similarly performing environment - at my expense, offering no help what so ever. During this year they have changed both of my dedicated ip's once, which is no good when you run a dns server, as well as expiring my password preventing me to login to reboot the machine, sending me a hostile threat to sue me when they failed to charge me, and failing to inform me of several other changes that have made my service unusable until some effort of me. I should have changed provider a long time ago, but have not had the energy since I am ill. Now I am forced.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySeven View Post
    [*]Managed (I don't want to do windows updates etc)
    IMO Windows update is reliable enough to let it run automatically.
    Server management would include more than just Windows update.
    the hardware they put my vps on is too old even though i was sold it just over a year ago, giving me just a months or twos notice to migrate to their new more expensive similarly performing environment - at my expense
    Moving VPS when the host has access to physical server should be easy. Check with potential host if they offer migration service.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Sorry to hear that you are ill.

Whereabouts are you located??
    Akin Olagbaiye | [email protected] | +44 203 137 5608
    Shared Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Reseller Hosting | Managed Hosting | Domain Names | Email Hosting | SSL Certificates
    TSOHost | www.tsohost.com - Proudly based in the United Kingdom

Hi there, check transip.eu/nl or visit forum vps advertising there you can find a lot of special deals.
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

Johnny,

Whats your budget for your Windows Server?
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

I will recommend softsyshosting.com very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Artuq View Post
    You need to choose the host that suits your needs and provides constant and uninterrupted services and support. Say solidhost is good to get vps deals in Netherlands, EU. I like their pricing, you'll get what you pay for.
    Absolutely. $60/month is a good and realistic budget for that specification though.

I would even have a look in the UK where, form my experience, support is far superior.
    Akin Olagbaiye | [email protected] | +44 203 137 5608
    Shared Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Reseller Hosting | Managed Hosting | Domain Names | Email Hosting | SSL Certificates
    TSOHost | www.tsohost.com - Proudly based in the United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    I will recommend softsyshosting.com very reliable.
    Thank you for mention! Much appreciated
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Softsyshosting is a better one.

Smile Thank you all!

Thank you all for your replies! Something was wrong with the subscription so didn't get any notice for replies, sorry for AWOL!

It will probably be softsyshosting, because of several recommendations and also that their representative was active in the thread - meaning they value high care for customers. Softsys should send the recommending guys/girls some voucher or chocolate

Thank you very much everyone, I really appreciate your help - really, it lifts a big rock of my shoulders, it's worth so much!

THANKS! =)))

Regards!

It will probably be softsyshosting, because of several recommendations and also that their representative was active in the thread - meaning they value high care for customers.
    Thanks! Will be looking forward to have you on board

Softsys should send the recommending guys/girls some voucher or chocolate
    We do send special promotions to our existing customers along with having good affiliate payout for referrals. Hence, if you see any affiliate link from our customers, please do use it for sign up so that they can earn from it

Thanks again!
    - Ruchir
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

I had a VPS in Sweden Before but too much trouble. Moved to EuroVPS in Amsterdam about a year ago and never looked back. Think they offer a 2GB managed Windows VPS for about 30-40€. Amsterdam adds about 30ms of latency compared to Stockholm.

I've had a Windows VPS with Softsys for slightly over 2 years now, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Mine is unmanaged, but if I was looking for managed then I'd definitely look to them.

I picked Softsys mostly based on low cost, but stayed with them for the awesome uptime and reliability. As far as I remember my only ticket has been to request an upgrade. Their only downside IMHO is storage expansion. My current plan (2GB RAM/2 vCPU/50GB RAID 10 storage) is great, but if I could add xxxGB of archive grade storage to that for a reasonable price it'd be perfect. Keeping under 50GB has been a bit difficult for me as I mostly use the VPS for transferring OVFs and ISOs to other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristal_Ice View Post
    I've had a Windows VPS with Softsys for slightly over 2 years now, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Mine is unmanaged, but if I was looking for managed then I'd definitely look to them.

I picked Softsys mostly based on low cost, but stayed with them for the awesome uptime and reliability. As far as I remember my only ticket has been to request an upgrade. Their only downside IMHO is storage expansion. My current plan (2GB RAM/2 vCPU/50GB RAID 10 storage) is great, but if I could add xxxGB of archive grade storage to that for a reasonable price it'd be perfect. Keeping under 50GB has been a bit difficult for me as I mostly use the VPS for transferring OVFs and ISOs to other servers.
    Thanks again for recommendation. Please PM me your server name / IP address and I'll get in touch with you to see if we can work out something with regards to your additional storage requirement

- Ruchir

I have had very good experience and top service from tagadab. No downtime in almost 2 years and a very good control panel with many options.