Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry FortaTrust Reviews

Hello Everyone.

Anyone know anything about this company, fortatrust.com?

I've purchased 5 dedicated server from them for my websites since 01/13/2014. My servers with them comes with 16Gbit of ram and 1Gbps port connection

and they just delivered 3 server, each one comes with 2Gbit of ram and 100Mbps connection.

And after 2 days they delivered new server with incorrect root password.

I've opened a many tickets concerning these problems, since 01/23 I did not have any answer from they

The problem. When i purchase these servers, my bank put my credit card on hold and called me to verify if this order is placed by me or no.

And i have confirmed this with the bank. and i approved it. and the order has been completed and paid and everything is fine. for this reason i can't open a dispute chargeback. because it's has been approved by me. Also i have asked them to cancel my order and issue a full refund. but they not answer to anything.

Anyone here know this company or know anything about them?

1- i want their real address in the United states because they put a false address.

2- I advise everyone not to deal with this company because they are stealing money from all people's and did not respond to any tickets

Why the hell didn't you read some reviews before you ordered any services from them? There are tons of negativ reviews out there. Everyone should stay away from them.
    Last edited by WebHostFreak; 02-03-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Honestly never heard of them before. But with WHT as a tool, you must USE IT before you buy. Data is invaluable and One cannot take chances.

I feel if users ACTUALLY read/post/ask BEFORE they buy, a lot of bandwidth can be saved from the Threads .. like this one !

OP, Im sure you can have much better options.. and for 5 servers you may actually get a good bargain.

- Plz have a look in the WHT offers section.
    - Shortlist your suitable hosts as per your budget / requirements
    - Read/Search/Ask Reviews of the shortlisted candidates
    - Talk to Customer Care / Sales , Ask for better prices/ discounts.
    - Finalize the Deal + Get servers Online
    - Create a Backup System ( MUST MUST MUST)

Viola.. Time to Make Money !!
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since 2005 ) : Quality Hosting @ Your Price !
    [ US/NL/IN ] Shared Hosting ♦ WHM Reseller ♦ VPS ♦ Dedicated Servers
    █ Included »» WHMCS ♦ SSL ♦ Domains ♦ IPMI ♦ SolusVM »» Visit Us Now

Now you need to cancel your credit card and get a new one. Because they will keep charging it with obnoxious values, you wanting or not, cancelling services or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cresci View Post
    Now you need to cancel your credit card and get a new one. Because they will keep charging it with obnoxious values, you wanting or not, cancelling services or not.

I've already been doing this, but I do not know how I can retrieve my money that is they take it.

Oh man! Prepare to be taken for a lot of money!

They still send me bills MONTHS after I quit with them.

You need to cancel all dealings with them as soon as possible. Cancel your credit card, stop any Paypal payments.

Do not try to fix it with thier tech support. You need to leave Fortatrust ASAP. Its a pure scam company.

BTW...

You cannot cancel your services. They have very unfriendly cancelling procedures, they will not answer the phone, they will not accept cancellations by email.

Let us know how it goes, good luck.

If you paid using the paypal method, try a refund/open a dispute etc.

They may be a scam company but stop scaring the poor lad with some of that stuff ^

In there FAQ they mention -
    "Server Pronto customers can upgrade to any server plan at any time with no additional fees."

Are they related to pronto ?

They are themselves, rebranded in order to escape the bad fame.

Quote Originally Posted by cresci View Post
    They are themselves, rebranded in order to escape the bad fame.
    Sad to see, seen alot of ServerPronto around on the internet too,not always good but not always bad, cheers for the insight of this im sure people will stay away now!

Fortatrust was previously ServerPronto operation in Panama. If I am not wrong. Fortatrust adquire the opration and part of the clients. They are physically located in Panama. My suggestion is to call them. I am sure you can still dispute your payment with help of your bank.
    CCIHosting.com - Anonymous Offshore Hosting Solutions with DDoS Protection
    99.9% Uptime and 24x7 Tech Support via Live Chat, Telephone and Tickets
    Skype ccipanama

ServerPronto and Fortatrust are not related. ServerPronto is an American company that operates only in the United States. The owner of Fortatrust was a previous employee of Server Pronto. When he left to form Fortatrust in Panama, he manipulated (using his previous background/employment) to look like FortaTrust was an affiliate/co-company of ServerPronto. Thus this is the common misconception that SeverPronto and FortaTrust are the same company.

Anyway back on topic: Create a a PayPal Claim as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by OsmiumNick View Post
    ServerPronto and Fortatrust are not related. ServerPronto is an American company that operates only in the United States. The owner of Fortatrust was a previous employee of Server Pronto. When he left to form Fortatrust in Panama, he manipulated (using his previous background/employment) to look like FortaTrust was an affiliate/co-company of ServerPronto. Thus this is the common misconception that SeverPronto and FortaTrust are the same company.

Anyway back on topic: Create a a PayPal Claim as soon as possible!
    If this s the case then surely Pronto should of done something about it to stop people from getting scammed etc? I know if my link/name was mentioned on a known scam site i would pull down buildings to get it removed!

Quote Originally Posted by xCubeHost View Post
    If this s the case then surely Pronto should of done something about it to stop people from getting scammed etc? I know if my link/name was mentioned on a known scam site i would pull down buildings to get it removed!
    Since FortaTrust is a South American Company, the process of filing a lawsuit is extremely slow.

Please view this thread: www[dot]webhostingtalk[dot]com/showthread.php?t=1202073&page=3 on the information I stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by OsmiumNick View Post
    Since FortaTrust is a South American Company, the process of filing a lawsuit is extremely slow.

Please view this thread: www[dot]webhostingtalk[dot]com/showthread.php?t=1202073&page=3 on the information I stated above.
    Thanks i will look into it.

Any news from the OP whether he got refunded or the servers online?

You can't get your money back. No point in trying. In under 13 seconds using google I discovered it was a bad host. I'm not even looking to use them so it's weird you didn't find the same before buying 5 servers.

Consider it a learning experience.

Edit: http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...al-fl-90061466

Grade: F

Additional Information
    According to a letter BBB received dated December 18, 2013, the company has informed us they are located in the country of Panama.
    The US location in Florida is a unmanned telecommunication facility.

Business Management
    Principal: Mr. Prieur J. Leary III (President)
    Mr. Prieur Leary is also listed as principal of Infolink Information Services, Inc. A separate review page is available online at:

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...042?language=1

Factors that lowered FortaTrust USA Corporation's rating include:
    36 complaints filed against business
    Failure to respond to 32 complaints filed against business.
    Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
    One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
    Last edited by @Jesse; 02-04-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    █ █ █

Fortatrust has contacted to pay another bill, three months after I left. My VPS basically never worked the entire time I was with them except for the 1st couple of days. I am actually enjoying the back and forth emails. I am probably talking to a script though........

Read below.. MY financial institution has contacted Fortatrust!! hahaha..

Here's another mail from Fortatrust. I have omitted the personal details.

From: FortaTrust Legal Services [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 4:14 PM
    To: MOOXE
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Legal Action regarding your Delinquent Account: (Equifax, Experian, CIBL, CreditInfo, and Trans Union)

Please be advised that the undersigned represents FortaTrust USA Corporation (“FortaTrust”) in connection with your delinquent debt arising from 543544 which was generated on 01/11/2014. As a result of your failure to tender payment in accordance with the terms set forth in the FortaTrust Service Agreement, your account has been assigned to this law firm for collection.
    THIS IS YOUR FORMAL NOTICE THAT DEMAND HAS BEEN MADE UPON YOU MOOXE TO PAY YOUR OUTSTANDING DEBT IN THE AMOUNT OF $48.85 WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT OF THIS COMMUNICATION. YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DEMAND WILL RESULT IN YOUR ACCOUNT BEING ADDED TO BOTH YOUR PERSONAL AND CORPORATE CREDIT REPORTS (EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, CIBL, CreditInfo and TRANS UNION), AS A TERMINATED ACCOUNT DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND MAY RESULT IN THE INSTITUTION OF LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST YOU.

Be further advised that, in addition to a judgment being entered against you and/or your company for the amount of your debt, you may also be liable for payment of reasonable attorney fees, costs, and pre/post judgment interest to the maximum extent allowed by law.

In the event you are represented by an attorney in connection with your delinquent account, please provide your attorney’s full contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address so that further legal communications relating to this debt can be addressed to your attorney.
    Look at how they CC [email protected]. Its probably not even a valid email, they would get so much spam, hatemail and Fortatrust emails they'd shut it down in a heart beat.

Once again, Fortatrust is an organization based exclusively to take money from you. It is not a real hosting company.

Yeah, i have had a bad experience with these guys. I have had a VPS and a dedi off them.

They were useless, asked for a refund before they deployed the servers (servers took 4 days to deploy) - i still insisted on the refund - i never got it.

I was looking at some of there servers last month, i looked at reviews on WHT and the obvious choice was to avoid.

Make sure you cancel with them, you'll get legal action notices that are more annoying than threatening.

Hope you work things out with them, however i have a bad feeling you wont.
    ||High Powered Budget Dedicated Servers*
    ||DDOS Protected High Powered Budget VPS Servers*
    ||DDOS Protected cPanel/WHM Budget Reseller Hosting - NEW!!

Just because you approved the order does not mean your not protected by your card company.....You can still dispute it if you do not get the service.

And proving this company doesn't deliver shouldn't be impossible, or even difficult for that matter just be honest and everything works out: because you can rely on them to not be, but they do it to a pathetic level where it is noticeable... Note to you for the future: read the fine print, or better yet realize that if a company has fine print then they are too spineless to write everything in regular print and are probably shady in other ways too... ... ... And then it boils down to a "who is responsible for me not doing adequate research"... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by DennisC View Post
    Just because you approved the order does not mean your not protected by your card company.....You can still dispute it if you do not get the service.

You CAN still file a dispute on the basis that services were not rendered as promised AND they have a money back guarantee (did you try to cancel within 7 days?) I was successful in opening a PayPal dispute and escalating to a claim (make sure you do this if you're using paypal), explaining that their services were not delivered as promised and that they had a money back guarantee, wouldn't answer their phones, etc. I half expected to not be successful with Paypal as they often claim they do not do refunds for services, only tangible goods. Your bank/credit card company will, however, look into services.

Keep fighting, like I said I got my money back. As explained in other posts, there's no way they have access to equifax, and a search on the names of the directors/associates brings up a whole lot of court cases for racketeering as well as bunkruptcy appeals. They're just fraudsters and although it may be risky to a US citizen to ignore, I doubt they have any power to file any kind of claim against your credit.

Quote Originally Posted by snnet View Post
    You CAN still file a dispute on the basis that services were not rendered as promised AND they have a money back guarantee (did you try to cancel within 7 days?) I was successful in opening a PayPal dispute and escalating to a claim (make sure you do this if you're using paypal), explaining that their services were not delivered as promised and that they had a money back guarantee, wouldn't answer their phones, etc. I half expected to not be successful with Paypal as they often claim they do not do refunds for services, only tangible goods. Your bank/credit card company will, however, look into services.

Keep fighting, like I said I got my money back. As explained in other posts, there's no way they have access to equifax, and a search on the names of the directors/associates brings up a whole lot of court cases for racketeering as well as bunkruptcy appeals. They're just fraudsters and although it may be risky to a US citizen to ignore, I doubt they have any power to file any kind of claim against your credit.
    Do you expect scammers to keep to a money back guarantee? have you seen my previous post? the one where i state that i opted for a refund before my server was even deployed?

Fact is, avoid companies like this, or you'll get stung.

If you pay via PayPal - you as good as toast. If you pay via credit/debit card you might stand a slim chance.

They won't reply to investigations - and paypal deems the transaction as 'intangible' - when this is the case, you have no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels Hosts View Post
    Do you expect scammers to keep to a money back guarantee? have you seen my previous post? the one where i state that i opted for a refund before my server was even deployed?

Fact is, avoid companies like this, or you'll get stung.

If you pay via PayPal - you as good as toast. If you pay via credit/debit card you might stand a slim chance.

They won't reply to investigations - and paypal deems the transaction as 'intangible' - when this is the case, you have no hope.
    No, I dont expect scammers to keep to a money back guarantee, I do however believe it can be used as leverage when filing the complaint. And I was successful in retrieving my money back with a paypal dispute, despite it being a service. This was either because of a 100% refund promise or because they've had a crapload of complaints! --- Did you even read MY post

Sure i read your post - hence my reply. If the item/product in question is intangible (which Hosting/VPS/Dedi's are) then they have no guarantee scheme.

Secondly because the item is intangible - paypal automatically dismiss the case. The supplier of the item doesn't need to respond to cases if the item is intangible unfortunately.

This is from the horses mouth. I have been burned, several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels Hosts View Post
    Sure i read your post - hence my reply. If the item/product in question is intangible (which Hosting/VPS/Dedi's are) then they have no guarantee scheme.

Secondly because the item is intangible - paypal automatically dismiss the case. The supplier of the item doesn't need to respond to cases if the item is intangible unfortunately.

This is from the horses mouth. I have been burned, several times.
    I totally understand what you're saying, but for one reason or another they agreed that my case was valid and processed a refund for me. I have been on the other end of the scale and been told that they do not refund 'service' payments, however I used my credit card to pay with paypal that time and went to my bank about that and got it anyway...

Just FYI, and maybe to help others obtain refunds, here are the details of my claim:

While it wasn't a huge amount of money, I thought I'd still give it a shot. Of course the real solution here is to never deal with FortaTrust, but if you're reading these posts then it's probably too late.

Disputed Amount:
    $65.68 USD
    Buyer reason(s):
    Different Category
    Substitute
    Sales Tax

Status
    Your claim has been resolved and you'll receive a $65.68 USD refund.

What happens next

Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed.

13/01/2014 19:07 GMT+13:00 - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
    13/01/2014 19:07 GMT+13:00 - Buyer: I have screenshots of the web site promising 7 day money back guarantees should the purchaser not be satisfied. No contact at all from seller. Their phone lines are also disconnected or blocking my numbers.
    12/01/2014 10:47 GMT+13:00 - Buyer: Not up to scratch and no contact from seller regarding this. Require 7 day money back guarantee advertised to be put into action. Have tried repeatedly to make contact. Server is not in USA as purchased. Sales tax charged when I am not a citizen of the US or Panama.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnaCoa View Post
    1- i want their real address in the United states because they put a false address.
    They aren't even a U.S. based company. They're based in Panama.

On that note, the images they have on their site aren't even of their own datacenter. For example, the image here: http://www.fortatrust.com/about/ is of the Facebook datacenter.
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Have you ever tried calling them over phone? Sometimes they'll take action when you get them on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bitmarket View Post
    Have you ever tried calling them over phone? Sometimes they'll take action when you get them on the phone.
    Each time I tried to call them the phone would just ring and ring and ring or it would say the number is disconnected... did it work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by snnet View Post
    I totally understand what you're saying, but for one reason or another they agreed that my case was valid and processed a refund for me. I have been on the other end of the scale and been told that they do not refund 'service' payments, however I used my credit card to pay with paypal that time and went to my bank about that and got it anyway...
    Yeah that's a big difference when you pay with your credit card, and when you pay from balance. I would say ALWAYS pay with your card, as this way there is some sort of protection even if it is very little.

If you pay from your balance, you will most probably get a different outcome.

It really miffs me off that web hosts like this actively take the piss. Someone needs to shut them down...

Quote Originally Posted by Encrypted View Post
    They aren't even a U.S. based company. They're based in Panama.

On that note, the images they have on their site aren't even of their own datacenter. For example, the image here: http://www.fortatrust.com/about/ is of the Facebook datacenter.
    On top of that.... that specific image is loading from a Facebook server.

These guys are criminals. Charge back on them.

Pulled the same crap on me and their customer service is non existent.

I doubt they truly have any US presence and I am going to find out and start class action litigation against them. I am also going to call their merchant banks and tell them they are engaged in criminal theft.

They attempted to steal from my credit card multiple times after I attempted to no avail to get answers from them.

**** them! and their POS owner(s)

wow, they even have a "public" blacklist:

http://www.fortatrust.com/blacklist/

All people I am sure they attempted to Scam.

Straight Garbage. FortaTrash more like it.

Heh, ok.

I tried it myself to see what they really do, and i can confirm that it is pretty much scam in many ways. Proof sent to moderators. If Fortatrust puts me up illegally in their "Scam" list or tries to sue me i will simply liquidate them in Panama (I researched it quite bit, a very weird owner situation of the the US/PA companies and the ASN/IP/DC owners, if you liquidate/close/stop one SA in Panama it entirely breaks apart), i don't like to get scammed and my former "enemies" know this won't end well
    I want to note that i was NOT ripped off money (yet) - But this is simply only due to my PayPal payment, if i had a CC on file they *would* have charged it without any allowance to do so recurring.

Ordered a VPS in Panama Q1 2013, 1 month, paid by PayPal (i'm not as stupid to give them my CC) - Site noted explicitely monthly contracts for this products.
    Got VPS with US location, that never worked at all, 24hours later
    Cancel in Panel then by end of runtime (i didn't spedify it didn't work and not ask for a refund, just cancel)
    Get NO cancellation confirmation - I am 100% sure that i did in the panel, if required i pull up the logs of my Squid for that and filter the post request to their cancellation page to show.

Skip 4 weeks, Invoice is generated - I don't pay it (I did not contact them, the invoice is simply unjustified)
    Skip 7 months (!), Invalid CC info mails from their WHMCS (1)
    Skip 2 months, same CC mail again

So far - Weird, but not directly violating laws.
    Skip 2 days - Now we get to an interesting part, an outright lie that might be criminal relevant: (2)
    Skip 4 days - Even more interesting and certainly criminal, a mail titled "Legal Action regarding your Delinquent Account: (Equifax, Experian, CIBL, CreditInfo, and Trans Union)", it contains a load of (invalid) US legalese speak and CC to some Equifax stuff (Hello data protection violation, mail contains my full customer data).
    It says 30 days until they sue me/us, some days more left - We'll see, we'll see.

Im not going to pay them, and i'm not going to give them anything at all, i really wish them good luck suing us for 55$ (20$ of that even "debt collection") in Asia/non-EU and really WISH they put me on this "scammer" site so i can sue them to the ground (it's the US partly, so who makes a guess what one can get? 100k$? Their DC? US damage awards are always very funny, Panama sadly does not do this - just close the company, but easier)

1:
    ---
    I am contacting because of our credit card processor has notified us that your credit card has been flagged as invalid. If you could please enter our Customer Portal (https://acccounts.fortatrust.com) and update your billing information, we would be greatly appreciative.
    ---

2:
    ---
    I am contacting because your financial instutution has again contacted us regarding an issue with the payment method you have on file with us.

Can you please contact me in order that we make arrangements to resolve this issue and ensure your continuity of service.
    ---
    Last edited by WW_P; 02-18-2014 at 09:16 PM.

They have many Google Adsense ads circulating around. How can we prove to Google the company is not legit?

I kind of want to reach out to a class action lawyer.

All the people they have listed on that blacklist were probably stolen from as well.

We should also get ARIN to yank ip allocations.

Out of interest i sent the mail where they said "my financial institution contacted them" to PayPal support - let's see what they say to that (i doubt it's much though)

Sorry to say that your experience is not unique.

In our experience there are many challenges with providers in Panama, and they change their names a lot too. I guess to avoid the bad reviews.
    Secure Hosting | Premium Cloud & Dedicated hosting solutions since 2001
    email: sales(at)securehost(dot)com • +1-242-502-8700 • 24/7 support by phone/helpdesk
    Located in The Bahamas & Bermuda: Redundant Cooling, Power & Network, PCI DSS compliant, 7ms from USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast