* My StableHost NIGHTMARE!!!

I recently switched over from GoDaddy and I can sincerely say that my experience with StableHost has been horrible!!! I should have known when I called up to try and ask some pre-signup questions of the Sales Dept. and the recording stated that I needed to open a ticket and then proceeded to hang up on me. Wow that was a really BAD way to start but I figured what the heck the reviews were good so I might as well continue.

What a MISTAKE!!! I have my domains registered at CheapNames and my DNS controlled at CloudFlare so I had some specific questions to ask support. Well I quickly found out that calling is completely useless since they tell you to open a ticket. OK so I open tickets ...Now don't get me wrong, working through tickets and e-mail is not something I am opposed to especially since I run a Help Desk for my clients, but when doing so you really need to provide detailed answers and actually HELP or else a ticketing system is SOOOO FRUSTRATING.... Especially when they advertise that they will respond in 15 to 30 minutes yet take hrs. and simply don't provide answers so you're in a never ending circle jerk.

The net result of this was StableHost managing to turn what should have been an extremely easy set of tasks into a painstaking and frustrating endeavor. On top of that they decided
    to tell me that I was being rude when I told them I was getting frustrated and asked if it was too much trouble for them to provide some detailed support answered instead of just one line responses which didn't even answer all my questions.

SO I figured it was time to "open a ticket" with the sales dept. and tell them I was extremely unhappy with the support but when I did they immediately decided that they were terminating my account and I had exactly 24 hrs to find a new hosting company. WOW!!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional response!!!!

This hosting company may have a good hardware framework and pricing but they are a Mickey Mouse operation and I would NEVER recommend their hosting service to ANYONE!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with StableHost. StableHost is a well-regarded hosting company here on these forums, so they'll likely be able to respond. There's two sides to every story.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with stablehost, any reason specific reason that made you switch from godaddy?

I absolutely agree and understand... in the meantime I am under a little pressure looking for an alternative

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with StableHost. StableHost is a well-regarded hosting company here on these forums, so they'll likely be able to respond. There's two sides to every story.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, we try our best to cater to each customer but sometimes it doesn't work out. In this case, this customer submitted 7 tickets in 24 hours about various questions on setting up cPanel and there was obviously a communication error, he didn't understand our responses and continued to get more angry, marking every response "1 star" and using comments like "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

We decided it was best to let the customer find a new home and refunded him 100%. We can't please every customer and sometimes the easiest solution is to let the customer move on.

We wish him the best and hope he can find a web host that caters to his needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstuff View Post
    I absolutely agree and understand... in the meantime I am under a little pressure looking for an alternative
    There are a lot of providers here on these forums who can help you out. I'd recommend checking the offers section.

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience, we try our best to cater to each customer but sometimes it doesn't work out. In this case, this customer submitted 7 tickets in 24 hours about various questions on setting up cPanel and there was obviously a communication error, he didn't understand our responses and continued to get more angry, marking every response "1 star" and using comments like "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Maybe this is why StableHost didn't want to continue to do business with you? Even when you're upset, it's important to remain professional.

Actually yes a VERY specific issue. I have a large client that I manage their Exchange server for and GoDaddy has kept them on a SPAM list since November. Back in Nov we had an incident of a single user sending out SPAM but we caught it quickly and corrected it. We monitor the reputation and RBL's daily and all is good EXCEPT for GoDaddy hosted domains.

Of course I had my company on GoDaddy so no only was client having trouble sending e-mail to their affiliates but to me as well. I tried working with GoDaddy for months, sending headers, etc but they NEVER EVER acknowledged they they even had an issue, despite the headers clearly showing their servers were refusing our e-mails... and to top it off they have no such thing as a whitelist or easy process to address this.

I simply couldn't take it any longer so I switched... and they had my business for many many years. Ironically I was due to renew and would have if they just addressed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with stablehost, any reason specific reason that made you switch from godaddy?

again (yeah i've seen your comment on my site and i posted a pretty lengthy reply to your comment ), i'm sorry to hear about your experience.

one thing to note is that not everyone will have the same experience with a host. even though you read 100% positive reviews about a host, you can't expect you're going to have the same exact experience as those people.

it always takes effort from both the client and the host to make things work.

good luck in finding a new provider

Quote Originally Posted by illegit View Post
    again (yeah i've seen your comment on my site and i posted a pretty lengthy reply to your comment ), i'm sorry to hear about your experience.
    Sorry to hear you got pulled into this Looks like he's copying/pasting his review on multiple sites to get his message across.

Well actually I am only posting to 2 specific sites (this one and reviewhell) because I used these 2 sites for my research and assistance in finding not only StableHost but CloudFlare and CheapNames.

I felt it was perfectly acceptable and appropriate to do so

Sorry to hear you got pulled into this Looks like he's copying/pasting his review on multiple sites to get his message across.

I would like to correct an error in my original post which stated that I was given 24 hrs... it was 48 hrs and I apologize for the error it was a legitimate mistake on my part and not done intentionally

I felt it was perfectly acceptable and appropriate to do so
    it's no biggie. i hope you find the right host for you.

Actually yes a VERY specific issue. I have a large client that I manage their Exchange server for and GoDaddy has kept them on a SPAM list since November. Back in Nov we had an incident of a single user sending out SPAM but we caught it quickly and corrected it. We monitor the reputation and RBL's daily and all is good EXCEPT for GoDaddy hosted domains.

Of course I had my company on GoDaddy so no only was client having trouble sending e-mail to their affiliates but to me as well. I tried working with GoDaddy for months, sending headers, etc but they NEVER EVER acknowledged they they even had an issue, despite the headers clearly showing their servers were refusing our e-mails... and to top it off they have no such thing as a whitelist or easy process to address this.

I simply couldn't take it any longer so I switched... and they had my business for many many years. Ironically I was due to renew and would have if they just addressed the issue.
    SO I figured it was time to "open a ticket" with the sales dept. and tell them I was extremely unhappy with the support but when I did they immediately decided that they were terminating my account and I had exactly 24 hrs to find a new hosting company. WOW!!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional response!!!!
    It would be interesting to read what you wrote to the sales department for them to be forced to let you go. And what was the mystery question which got you so frustrated

What was the exact issue/question you had in regards to stablehost that you felt was not answered? Just curious..
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

I completely understand your curiosity and actually their were a few but if you don't mind I think it would only perpetuate an already bad situation by going into details on each item which then creates a "he said she said" defensive scenario, so I would rather just leave my report as it stands and move on to find another hosting provider.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    What was the exact issue/question you had in regards to stablehost that you felt was not answered? Just curious..

I would really like the OP to detail what were the issues. Also what plan?
    -
    Finally somebody did a critic about their support ^ ^ . They really need to hire a complete line of support staff and let the current just be level 3

I completely understand your curiosity and actually their were a few but if you don't mind I think it would only perpetuate an already bad situation by going into details on each item which then creates a "he said she said" defensive scenario, so I would rather just leave my report as it stands and move on to find another hosting provider.
    Bravo to you!